Re: Account Suspended

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Accepted Solution

Account Suspended

Hello,

My account got suspended today and when I chatted with the support they said they will investigate the issue because I was using a network that is suspicious... actually it is my university network and I can understand that because we must use its proxy due to their regulations. Anyway, how long will my account remain suspended? I have an active subscription and I want to use it. Thanks

My Skype Username: MoeAmine.

Andre
Staff Moderator

images.message_type_solution.altAccepted Solution

Hi Moe,

I checked with Skype Customer Service this case again and restrictions from your account have been removed. You should be able to make calls and new purchases again.

Accounts are suspended due to combination of several different factors(not only network) and if there is a reason for investigation then Skype Customer Service will look into this. Each case is handled separately and if there are others from your university who have trouble with their Skype account then please ask them to contact customer service separately. At the moment there isn't a restriction that would automatically block everyone from this university network.

I'm really sorry for all the inconvenience this caused you :sad:

Andre

View solution in original post
0 Kudos
MoeAmineDz
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 6 (2,437 Views)

I'll check how far is the investigation, but if customer service is already handling it then I'm sure issue will be resolved. It's just a matter of time.

Andre

If answer was helpful please mark it with Kudos and if issue is resolved mark it with solution. This will help other users find this answer more easily. Thanks in advance!
Andre
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator icon
Kudos: 733
Message 2 of 6 (2,426 Views)

Thanks man, please refer this thread to your team regarding our university network as well. I would really appreciate this.
http://community.skype.com/t5/General-Discussion/Important-Notice-Regarding-KFUPM-Network/td-p/62453...

0 Kudos
MoeAmineDz
Novel Adventurer
Message 3 of 6 (2,422 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hi Moe,

I checked with Skype Customer Service this case again and restrictions from your account have been removed. You should be able to make calls and new purchases again.

Accounts are suspended due to combination of several different factors(not only network) and if there is a reason for investigation then Skype Customer Service will look into this. Each case is handled separately and if there are others from your university who have trouble with their Skype account then please ask them to contact customer service separately. At the moment there isn't a restriction that would automatically block everyone from this university network.

I'm really sorry for all the inconvenience this caused you :sad:

Andre

If answer was helpful please mark it with Kudos and if issue is resolved mark it with solution. This will help other users find this answer more easily. Thanks in advance!
Andre
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator icon
Message 4 of 6 (2,412 Views)

Andre, you're the best man! I really appreciate your help.
I would love if you can send me the reasons in a personal message if you can so I can avoid getting my account blocked again. Thank you!

0 Kudos
MoeAmineDz
Novel Adventurer
Message 5 of 6 (2,408 Views)

Welcome! :happy:

I'll close this thread as resolved and I sent you a private message as well.

Thanks for being so patient and if there's anything else then just create a new topic :wink:

Andre

0 Kudos
Andre
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator icon
Message 6 of 6 (2,362 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling