Account Blocked

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!

Account Blocked

I tried to reactivate a old online number this morning, it took my payment but did not reactivate.  I contacted support and they charged back the payment.  Now my account is blocked and i cant use my skype out sub or get a new online number

TVJunkie
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 1
Message 1 of 8 (5,213 Views)

Re: Account Blocked

Hello,

Please ask Customer Support to unblock it.

Moved to "Billing".

SKYPE STAFF MODERATOR & BETA TESTER
TIME ZONE - US EASTERN - PHILADELPHIA PA USA - UTC MINUS 5 HOURS

I recommend that you always run the latest software version: Windows & Mac

If my advice helped to fix your issue please mark it as a solution to help others.
Please note that I generally don't respond to unsolicited Private Messages. Thank you.
0 Kudos
NormanM
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator icon
Kudos: 1324
Message 2 of 8 (5,208 Views)

Hello, I've decided to type my problem under this opened topic ... because truthfully I have no idea where to post it. So here it goes I was talking on Skype on 8th of july 2011 and suddenly i got signed out ... i couldn't signed in anymore, even on skype page my username and password weren't working .. i contacted skype costumer service and asked them what is going on - they answered (in about 8hours) that my account is being suspended/blocked, due to a violation of section 6.3 (c) - terms of use! I've written to them again the next day, to please explain to me what that even means and what did I do wrong - and also explained I've never been blocked or suspended from anything before! It boggles my mind, because I only use skype for friends and business, and I have no idea what happened! Nothing has changed, I've been trying to get answers .. at least something... Can someone please tell me what am I suppose to do to get this thing resolved? I feel completely helpless and I dno't know what else to do! I tried writing to them again .. but it's no use - I get no solid answer, and all of my other answers are not being answered...

I am grateful for any kind of help. Thank you in advance.

This is their second message:

We understand your concerns regarding breaching paragraph 6.3 (c) of the terms of use. We are more than willing to answer your.

We understand your concern regarding your Skype account status. Unfortunately for the time being it must remain suspended until further notice while we continue to investigate whether the activity that has taken place within the account has violated our Terms of Use.

Unfortunately we are unable to explain the specific reason for restricting your account.

Please note that we are still investigating the issue and there is no estimated time for the investigation. Please rest assured that we always keep our clients best interest in mind when taking any step.

twistedmemory
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 3
Message 3 of 8 (5,166 Views)

Hello,

Unfortunately there's nothing that I nor any other Moderator can do if your account has been suspended for a violation of your EULA (End User License Agreement). 

SKYPE STAFF MODERATOR & BETA TESTER
TIME ZONE - US EASTERN - PHILADELPHIA PA USA - UTC MINUS 5 HOURS

I recommend that you always run the latest software version: Windows & Mac

If my advice helped to fix your issue please mark it as a solution to help others.
Please note that I generally don't respond to unsolicited Private Messages. Thank you.
0 Kudos
NormanM
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator icon
Kudos: 1324
Message 4 of 8 (5,136 Views)

but this not customer service.....my account is blocked from yesterday to i sent email to customer support and answer to my email was(Thank you for contacting Skype Customer Service.We are sorry to hear that your account is blocked. Our filters indicate that your Skype account is using a computer network that has been previously used fraudulently. We have restricted destinations you are calling , so unfortunately the account will not be unblocked.Skype reserves the right to terminate or suspend accounts immediately if our policies have been breached.)but it's not explanation it's just to refuse to answer.after 3days i bought world unlimited subscription and 5 euro at my balance and i could just have one call,they can't block my account,why?where is my money now?is this a way for skype always earn money?i didn't do anything wrong,what's computer network that has been previously used fraudulently?please improve skype customer service,it’s better answer to customer clear.I find out so many people have this problem at internet,maybe if I used google voice was better than skype
0 Kudos
hadi
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 5 of 8 (5,049 Views)

I'm in the same situation. Skype blocked my account without any reasons and there i contacted their customer support they said that "Our records show that you've been accessing Skype using a fraudulent  network and we have blocked further use of this account. I toped up my account with Ukash voucher bought with cash money from store so there's no doubt that i never used a credit card on skype.

I recently used HotSpotShield and OpenVPN because my IPS in blocking my SIP ports and i can't use some SIP programs. Seems that the free VPS`s i used are in SKYPE`s blacklist and that's why they said that i accessed Sype from a fraudulent  network.

I tried to explain them that i haven't done anything wrong and it's not my fault but they are so idiots that can't process this info. Keeps replying me with some automatic answers. Skype customer support is  = 0.

0 Kudos
mr1970art
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 6 of 8 (4,833 Views)

Account Blocked

Hi,

My account was bloqued. I still have money in my account. So, I don't know what happenned....

Thanks!!

TVJunkie wrote:

I tried to reactivate a old online number this morning, it took my payment but did not reactivate.  I contacted support and they charged back the payment.  Now my account is blocked and i cant use my skype out sub or get a new online number

ale_danon
Novel Tourist
Message 7 of 8 (4,789 Views)

[ Edited ]

This is a chat with customer care. Is there any alternative for skype?

i did not do anything against the eula, you block my account, tell me there is no way to unblock it and that my whole money is gone? a copy of this chat will be on numerous forums in no time..

Moderator Note: Chats with Skype Customer Service are considered private, and also include personally identifiable information which will be redacted or removed to maintain confidentiality.
joeaustirol
Novel Tourist
Message 8 of 8 (2,549 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling