transfer subscription to another skype account

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Accepted Solution

transfer subscription to another skype account

Hello,

I first setup my Skype account quite some time ago when Skype was still a fairly unknown entity. Since then I have started using Skype more and more. I would like to use a different (more professional) account name but I see that I can't rename my account. Can I setup a new account and transfer my online number/credits to the new account?

Andre
Staff Moderator

images.message_type_solution.altAccepted Solution

With Online Number it's bit more complicated :sad:
It can't be transferred and even if it is refunded it will be linked to old Skype account for 90 days before other Skype accounts can purchase it.

Andre

View solution in original post
jawallaby
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 1
Message 1 of 20 (7,124 Views)

Re: transfer subscription to another skype account

Hi,

Unfortunately it's currently not possible to transfer products from one account to another, but you can check with customer service if you are eligible for a refund: https://support.skype.com/en/faq/FA297/How-do-I-request-a-refund

Andre

If answer was helpful please mark it with Kudos and if issue is resolved mark it with solution. This will help other users find this answer more easily. Thanks in advance!
0 Kudos
Andre
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator icon
Kudos: 731
Message 2 of 20 (7,123 Views)

Thanks Andre,

Not that money isn't an issue but the real issue was being able to transfer my online number. I appreciate the response.

0 Kudos
jawallaby
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 1
Message 3 of 20 (7,121 Views)

With Online Number it's bit more complicated :sad:
It can't be transferred and even if it is refunded it will be linked to old Skype account for 90 days before other Skype accounts can purchase it.

Andre

If answer was helpful please mark it with Kudos and if issue is resolved mark it with solution. This will help other users find this answer more easily. Thanks in advance!
Andre
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator icon
Message 4 of 20 (7,117 Views)

I have much the same issue as the earlier commentatior.  We would like to transfer our skype number from my account to a 'general account' to allow my colleagues to log in and take calls when I am away (and to stop me being the permanent receptionist!).  

We love skype, it's a great tool for small businesses, but the ability to transfer numbers would be a really valuable feature (what happens for example if an employee leaves?).

Is this something that is envisaged or planned?

Thanks!

Pithy
Casual Adventurer
Kudos: 2
Message 5 of 20 (7,018 Views)

[ Edited ]

I don't have any updates on this so far, but I can definitely see this adding a value to user experience.

Right now if you purchase Online Number in Skype Manager then you can assign it other Skype Managers any time you wish and take it away, but if number is purchased already on a personal account then this can't be moved.

Andre

0 Kudos
Andre
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator icon
Message 6 of 20 (7,015 Views)

**bleep**, all of our accounts were set up in skype manager... except this one as it was the first!

Looks like I'll be changing all my business cards, brochures etc. unless you can suggest another workaround?

Pithy
Casual Adventurer
Message 7 of 20 (7,012 Views)

Oh can I transfer the old number into skype manager?
0 Kudos
Pithy
Casual Adventurer
Message 8 of 20 (7,011 Views)

If number is purchased on a personal account then currently there isn't an option to move it. Unfortunately this means it can't be moved to Skype Manager either.

At the moment I can't think of any really good alternative either, but you may double check with customer service in case I'm missing something: https://support.skype.com/en/faq/FA1170/How-can-I-contact-Skype-Customer-Service

Even if they cancel the number it will be linked to your personal account for 90 days until you can purchased it with Skype Manager and during that 90 days number is inactive.

Here's an idea that should work, but it might still not work for you. Try it out and see if it can save you the money on printing new cards.

Lets say you have Online Number on account A

1) Open Skype client and set call forwarding to some other Skype account

2) Create a new account B for yourself

3) Move your contacts to account B

This way you can use account B for your personal use or business and account A just sits offline and forwards all the calls to some other account. Number is still linked to account A and call forwarding to another Skype account is free of charge anyways as it will be Skype to Skype call.

It might sound ridiculous, but it shouldn't cost anything. Of course it's still a problem if you were using account A for business chats as well, because chats can't be transferred.

Andre

Andre
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator icon
Message 9 of 20 (7,005 Views)

Do we know if something to solve this is in the works? I have a phone number that i can not loose, but it is on an old employees account. Thanks.

0 Kudos
gizanyc
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 10 of 20 (6,941 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling