close/cancel account

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

close/cancel account

My Skype name is jenhaileyaimee. Please close and/or cancel my account immediately. When I signed up it was supposed to be FREE but I have received notices of charges. I do not want your service therefore I am hereby FORMALLY requesting that my account be cancelled and closed permanently and that no further charges of ANY kind be assessed to the account. Thank you for your prompt attention to this matter.
Posted from Samsung SGH-I777
jenhaileyaimee
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 4
Message 1 of 5 (1,974 Views)

Re: close/cancel account

I am with Jen here!! CLOSE/CANCEL/REMOVE my account and any information associated. I signed up for this BS because of an email from windows live about some merger. All they want to merge is into my back account! You have to buy credit to use the 2 FREE features??? WTF is that??? and then you give customers NO WAY OUT!!?? What a scam. 

I logged in with my Microsoft account once in the process of getting started here. I did NOT link the accounts. I let it look for contacts once. I let skype check my facebook account for contacts once but again, I did NOT link the accounts. Here is the BULL S.. the only place my phone number is listed is in my windows live account emergency info. it is not published anywhere. My phone is included in a few private messages to friends on facebook but that was several years ago.

Tonight I scroll back through old messages to a dear friend and low and behold, I gave her my cell number in a message in September 2009. Now all the sudden it is a pretty skype blue with the logo as if it is a skype number. BULL!!

GET YOUR PAWS OFF MY PHONE NUMBER! Really? You tag my phone number from A THREE and ONE HALF year old message on facebook??? A number that is not yours, was not revealed to you, was not publicly posted on facebook.  The only way Skype got my number was out of private information on my Microsoft account.

. I want all traces of skype removed from my life and this abandon the account and eventually we will purge it DOES NOT FLY! A very angry nothappy929

nothappy929
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 2
Message 2 of 5 (1,589 Views)

Dear all,

could anyone help me to close the account I'm using. I have two and I want to close one. How to do it?

BR

Jura

jpevecj
Casual Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 3 of 5 (1,078 Views)

Hi I want closed my account. 

pak.joanne1
Casual Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 4 of 5 (407 Views)

Here's an entry from the Skype Help pages -

https://support.skype.com/en/faq/FA142/can-i-delete-my-skype-account

IF YOU FOUND OUR POST USEFUL THEN PLEASE GIVE "KUDOS". IF IT HELPED TO FIX YOUR ISSUE PLEASE MARK IT AS A "SOLUTION" TO HELP OTHERS. THANKS!

ALTERNATIVE SKYPE DOWNLOAD LINKS | HOW TO RECORD SKYPE VIDEO CALLS | HOW TO HANDLE SUSPICIOS CALLS AND MESSAGES

Skype-User
Super Adventurer
Kudos: 529
Message 5 of 5 (393 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling