Re: changing the expiry date on my credit card (Au...

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Re: changing the expiry date on my credit card (Auto-recharge not subscription)

Hello Andrew,

Thanks for your response. When the issue is debated this coming week I'll add in your latest points. I assume that the info you received came from Customer Service.

SKYPE STAFF MODERATOR & BETA TESTER
TIME ZONE - US EASTERN [UTC MINUS 5 HOURS]. LOCATION - PHILADELPHIA, PENNSYLVANIA, USA.

I recommend that you always run the latest software version: Windows & Mac

If my advice helped to fix your issue please mark it as a solution to help others.
Please note that I generally don't respond to unsolicited Private Messages. Thank you.
Please use plain text.
NormanM
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator icon
Kudos: 1530
Message 21 of 32 (494 Views)

The issue here was about being able to simply update the expiration date for a valid card, based on rec'ving the message:

Your credit/debit card XXXX will expire in XX days.

but w/o needing to reregister the same card (i.e. "adding a payment method" -- when the only difference is new expiry date) and also thus have another $1 (or so) charged to you. (In my case, this is related to Auto-recharge)

The last message in this thread was in Nov of 2013 indicating discussion would be taking place the following week.

Has this been resolved or otherwise progressed in any way?

Please use plain text.
ThePrezInJapan
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 1
Message 22 of 32 (419 Views)

For what it is worth, I will add my comments to those of other frustrated customers concerning this utterly simple request to change an expiry date on a credit card.  I agree that Customer Service at Skype is non-existent and the current policy (of requiring a deletion of existing card and re-entry of a "new" , as well as purchase of another minimum $14 of unneeded Skype Credit) is a total rip-off. I have just signed up for Google Voice which provides free video calls to Canada and U.S. and I will keep you posted as to how that turns out - their support CAN'T be worse than Skype's !  Just Google "alternatives to Skype" - a few hits down is a site which provides 6 alternatives - all free.

Hopefully, my days of Skype frustration are done.

Please use plain text.
KarenSkype
Novel Tourist
Message 23 of 32 (359 Views)

[ Edited ]

This discussion has been going on for some time.

Why don't Skype fix the problem?

Perhaps if all of us cancel our accounts then Skype will either listen or just go out of business.

Better still - FIX THIS VERY SIMPLE PROBLEM.

(offensive text removed).

Please use plain text.
Choirmaster
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 24 of 32 (321 Views)

my new experation date is 03/2016 can you change it for me ?

Please use plain text.
tlmmullins
Novel Adventurer
Message 25 of 32 (309 Views)

Hi, tlmmullins, and welcome to the Community,

No one reading your post here in the Community can change your credit card's expiration number.  Only you can do this. 

Dear Readers,

Please do not include obscenities in your posts; please do keep our Community Guidelines in mind!  Skype hosts this Community; whilst Skype staff may not always participate or respond to discussions, please know the Community is monitored.

Kind regards,

Elaine

__________________________________________________________________________________________________
Was your question answered? Please click on the Accept as a Solution link so everyone can quickly find what works! Like a post or want to say, "Thank You" - ?? Click on the Kudos button!

Please note:   To remove (delete) a Skype Account, you must contact Skype Customer Service directly. We here in the Community cannot process account-related service requests.

Trustworthy information: Brian Krebs: 3 Basic Rules for Online Safety and Consumer Reports: Guide to Internet Security

Online Safety Tips: Do not accept contact invitations from anyone whom you do not know, and change your passwords regularly and often.

Do you have a Skype trick up your sleeve?  Share your Solutions and Tips with us!

Please use plain text.
Elaine
Moderator icon
Kudos: 1916
Message 26 of 32 (292 Views)

Hi Elaine.

I am sure if tlmmullins could change his details on line he would. The very point of this string is that no one can change their expiry date!!!!

Telling us that this community is monitered is an insult. If it is monitered, then why is the necessary action not being taken?

This is the 21st Centuary. Skype needs to realise this.

It is an insult for a company to send out notifications asking us to do something then not providing the customers with the ability to do it.

This is why people are upset or has Skype not realised this yet?

Choirmaster.

Please use plain text.
Choirmaster
Novel Adventurer
Message 27 of 32 (283 Views)

Hi, Choirmaster,

Your feedback and commentary is duly noted.

Regards,

Elaine

__________________________________________________________________________________________________
Was your question answered? Please click on the Accept as a Solution link so everyone can quickly find what works! Like a post or want to say, "Thank You" - ?? Click on the Kudos button!

Please note:   To remove (delete) a Skype Account, you must contact Skype Customer Service directly. We here in the Community cannot process account-related service requests.

Trustworthy information: Brian Krebs: 3 Basic Rules for Online Safety and Consumer Reports: Guide to Internet Security

Online Safety Tips: Do not accept contact invitations from anyone whom you do not know, and change your passwords regularly and often.

Do you have a Skype trick up your sleeve?  Share your Solutions and Tips with us!

Please use plain text.
Elaine
Moderator icon
Kudos: 1916
Message 28 of 32 (249 Views)

It's ridiculous that this is not possible. I've found a workaround which involves a small purchase which you can then have refunded.

Here's the link to my screencast: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EgxlZnkpOD0&feature=youtu.be

Hope this helps someone.

Please use plain text.
stoem
Casual Adventurer
Kudos: 6
Message 29 of 32 (219 Views)

I agree with previous writers.  Most other businesses allow the simple change of the expiration date.  I'm writing this to keep this thread open since the problem has not been fixed.  This is terribly frustrating not knowing if an account has been updated.

Please use plain text.
gcp6
Novel Tourist
Message 30 of 32 (184 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling