Re: changing the expiry date on my credit card (Au...

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

changing the expiry date on my credit card (Auto-recharge not subscription)

There have been many, many posts on this subject.      As far as I can tell, skype clients are unanimously frustrated and the skype employees keep referring to sites that don't answer the clients' questions.

Could you first, please, answer the following question, which requires a one-word answer (yes/no).

If you don't have a skype subscription, but do have auto-recharge, is it possible to simply update the expiration date on your credit card, without deleting it and entering all the details again (yes/no)?

If the answer is yes, it is possible, could you please point me to a site that explains how to do this?

If the answer is no, could you please explain why such a trivial basic service is not provided?

Thanks very much

LeoKSimon
Casual Tourist
Kudos: 13
Message 1 of 32 (2,550 Views)

Re: changing the expiry date on my credit card (Auto-recharge not subscription)

LeoKSimon is totally correct - such a simple, COMMON event - ALL our credit cards expire - BUT WE RENEW THEM...!! Why can't Skype either - provide a way for us to update their database, or, frankly, just IGNORE the impending expiry date, because, you know what...? We handle this ourselves.
burnt.monroe2
Casual Tourist
Kudos: 10
Message 2 of 32 (2,499 Views)

Every year without fail, I go through this freaking frustration and then worry that my subscription will fail to automatically renew. And it has a time or two! Bad on Skype for this senseless lack of accommodation for it's customers!
Dave345
Routine Adventurer
Kudos: 7
Message 3 of 32 (2,063 Views)

Auto-recharge is ONLY for topping up Skype Credit when it falls below a pre-set limit -- it has nothing to do with renewing subscriptions.

Skype will ALWAYS attempt to renew calling subscriptions a few days before they expire, and regardless of whether auto-recharge is enabled or not.

Regards,
Neil
Neil
Super Adventurer
Kudos: 270
Message 4 of 32 (2,052 Views)

Skype really is a horrible company who stumbled on a good product.  They are a horrible company in that nothing is easy, there is no customer support, and no place to find simple answers.  There's got to be a better way.

jbl85
Casual Adventurer
Kudos: 3
Message 5 of 32 (1,933 Views)

Re: changing pec expiry date on my credit card (Auto-recharge not subscription)

jbl85 wrote:

Skype really is a horrible company who stumbled on a good product.  They are a horrible company in peat nothing is easy, there is no customer support, and no place to find simple answers.  There's got to be a better way.

https://support.skype.com/en/faq/FA1170/how-can-i-contact-skype-customer-service

jbl85 wrote:

Skype really is a horrible company who stumbled on a good product.  They are a horrible company in peat nothing is easy, there is no customer support, and no place to find simple answers.  There's got to be a better way.

https://support.skype.com/en/

:happy:

IF YOU FOUND OUR POST USEFUL THEN PLEASE GIVE "KUDOS". IF IT HELPED TO FIX YOUR ISSUE PLEASE MARK IT AS A "SOLUTION" TO HELP OTHERS. THANKS!

ALTERNATIVE SKYPE DOWNLOAD LINKS | HOW TO RECORD SKYPE VIDEO CALLS | HOW TO HANDLE SUSPICIOS CALLS AND MESSAGES

Skype-User
Super Adventurer
Kudos: 511
Message 6 of 32 (1,910 Views)

I had the same issue and got it resolved in a chat with Skype support. It's not hard to do, you just can't tell clearly that you've done it!  Here's what's involved

1. Go to one of your subscriptions and add a card under the payment method

2. Enter the details for the new card (same card number you had been using, new expiration date and validation code)

3. They do the "$1 authorization charge / cancel" thing to authorize the new card

4. Here's the frustrating part: when you look at your payment methods, it looks like nothing changed: the same cards are listed under payment methods and, since you can't view the listed expiration, nothing looks different.  However, my support chat person looked at my account after I did this and verified that the new expiration date was now showing.

Hopefully they fix this or at least make a very clear FAQ on it!

MWS-1
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 5
Message 7 of 32 (1,867 Views)

I have just been through 7 hours and 5 support people trying to resolve the issue of trying to update the expiry date of my credit card. You would think this would be a relatiely easy task but not with skype.  Also I keep getting emails up to 5 now about this . apparently these are  in the auto system.

after asking to have the issue escalated , The last support person i talked to said that if was not happy with the way the auto system worked i could cancel my account . Charming is this the response  you should recieve from a  reputable business in communications. Skype obviously has a problem with these issues and arent prepared to listen to customers concerns

martin

martinwirth13
Casual Tourist
Kudos: 1
Message 8 of 32 (1,779 Views)

I've just had to change the expiry date on my card and am very disappointed that I was charged a €1 'authorization' fee. Ridiculous. So I'm registering a card that will enable me to pay Skype money and yet they charge me for doing so? That's a rip-off in my book.

Mick_P
Casual Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 9 of 32 (1,589 Views)

All I had to do was change the expirey date on a credit card I have been using for years shouldn't be a problem . But oh yes big problems stoppet auto  option charged to  two times for changoing mu CC and I am still getting email I am very pissed off and close to telling you to shove it allthoghyther on top of that There is no way of talking to anyone or even leavomng a emessage all you get is the runnaround Randell Pepler I had better get some answer to this or my many years as a customer are finished

Randellpepler
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 1
Message 10 of 32 (1,507 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling