calling to the USA from Nairobi, Kenya

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Accepted Solution

calling to the USA from Nairobi, Kenya

We have relocated to Nairobi, Kenya and have been using skype computer to computer with no problems  We are interested in our children being able to call us from their cell phones in the USA to our computer in Kenya.  I want to be sure if we pay for unlimited international, they can call us without having any charges on their end.  

Andre
Staff Moderator

Accepted Solution

Hi,

As I understand your children will be calling from US to your Skype account that you are using on your computer.

If this is the case then you could purchase an Online Number in US: https://support.skype.com/en/faq/FA331/What-is-an-Online-Number

Your children will be calling local US number(Online Number) with local rates and if you are online on your computer then you can pick up the call.

Note: From Skype side there are no charges to your children in US, but they still need to pay for the call they make from mobile to landline number(Online Number) in US. It should be charged as regular landline call.

Andre
View solution in original post
rgp8420
Casual Tourist
Kudos: 1
Message 1 of 4 (1,700 Views)

Re: calling to the USA from Nairobi, Kenya

Hi,

As I understand your children will be calling from US to your Skype account that you are using on your computer.

If this is the case then you could purchase an Online Number in US: https://support.skype.com/en/faq/FA331/What-is-an-Online-Number

Your children will be calling local US number(Online Number) with local rates and if you are online on your computer then you can pick up the call.

Note: From Skype side there are no charges to your children in US, but they still need to pay for the call they make from mobile to landline number(Online Number) in US. It should be charged as regular landline call.

Andre

If answer was helpful please mark it with Kudos and if issue is resolved mark it with solution. This will help other users find this answer more easily. Thanks in advance!
Andre
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator icon
Kudos: 700
Message 2 of 4 (1,693 Views)

My problem is calling a Kenya mobile from my skype. I have credit. I get message to say invalid number but I have no problem in calling same number from my iphone. Any ideas?

0 Kudos
bobizett48b
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 3 of 4 (1,582 Views)

Your last dialed numbers seem to be incorrect indeed. For example last number you dialed has 14 digits which can't be a correct number.

Please try to call by choosing the right country code +254 when calling Kenya, because right now number also gets Australia +61.

User guide: https://support.skype.com/en-us/faq/FA20

If answer was helpful please mark it with Kudos and if issue is resolved mark it with solution. This will help other users find this answer more easily. Thanks in advance!
Andre
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator icon
Kudos: 700
Message 4 of 4 (1,569 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling