What is the difference between these two plans (sc...

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

What is the difference between these two plans (screenshots taken within seconds of one another)

OK, no screenshot.  How do I add two images off my computer (one that says a U.S. unlimited subscription is 6.99/month, and another that says U.S. and Canada unlimited subscription is 2.99/month).

b--rich
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 6 (207 Views)

Re: What is the difference between these two plans (screenshots taken within seconds of one another)

[ Edited ]

Hello,

Can you provide the website link?
I assume it's http://www.skype.com/go/subscriptions

Some subscriptions are region specific and Unlimited US & Canada is offered for US and Canada customers, but for example I'm in Europe and I only get Unlimited US which has higher price and doesn't include Canada.

If answer was helpful please mark it with Kudos and if issue is resolved mark it with solution. This will help other users find this answer more easily. Thanks in advance!
Andre
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator icon
Kudos: 735
Message 2 of 6 (200 Views)

Re: What is the difference between these two plans (screenshots taken within seconds of one another)

This had the $2.99/month option for US and Canada:

http://www.skype.com/intl/en-us/prices/pay-monthly/

Thanks.  That is probably it.  Do you happen to know what happens (as far as subscriptions) for a person that is travelling all over the place, sometimes US, Europe and Asia?

b--rich
Novel Adventurer
Message 3 of 6 (197 Views)

Thanks for the link.
If you are in US then get the 2.99 Unlimited US & Canada :wink:
Regarding traveling, it doesn't matter where you are located
subscription still covers calling destination. That's why Skype is great for traveling.

If answer was helpful please mark it with Kudos and if issue is resolved mark it with solution. This will help other users find this answer more easily. Thanks in advance!
Posted from Nokia Lumia 800
Andre
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator icon
Message 4 of 6 (193 Views)

Thanks for the info.  How long has that US and Canada $2.99/month been available as an option?  Back in December 2010, I had to switch credit  cards.  I was told that the $2.99 US and Canada subscription was no longer available (and they said I would have been grandfathered in at that rate if I was able to continue paying on the old card), and the only subscription available was $6.99/month for US.

b--rich
Novel Adventurer
Message 5 of 6 (181 Views)

To be honest I can't even remember, but you may check this with customer service: https://support.skype.com/faq/FA1170

Andre
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator icon
Message 6 of 6 (175 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling