Upgrading Premium

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Accepted Solution

Upgrading Premium

My Skype Premium Account includes unlimited calls to the US and Canada. How and How much does it cost to upgrade it to include unlimited calls to all North America (US, Canada & Mexico)? Thanks in advance!

wd9ewk
Super Adventurer

Accepted Solution

Cheko wrote:

My Skype Premium Account includes unlimited calls to the US and Canada. How and How much does it cost to upgrade it to include unlimited calls to all North America (US, Canada & Mexico)? Thanks in advance!

You would not upgrade Skype Premium, but you may need to purchase a couple of additional subscriptions depending on where and the type of phones you are calling.  First of all, make sure of the country/countries you have with Skype Premium.  Normally you get one country, which could be either the USA or Canada.

The main issue with being able to call all over the US, Canada, and Mexico is Mexico.  Due to the higher costs for calling phones down there, the options get more expensive quickly.  For example, Skype has subscriptions that cover calling to all landline phones in the 3 largest Mexican cities (Mexico City, Guadalajara, and Monterrey).  Another subscription covers calling all landline phones throughout Mexico, and there is one at US$ 59.99/month that covers calling all Mexican landline and mobile phones.  Click on "Subscriptions" below, then enter Mexico for more details on these and other options.

There is an Unlimited North America subscription, but it may not be adequate depending on where in Mexico you need to call.  It has unlimited calling to landline and mobile phones in both the US and Canada, unlimited calling to landline phones in those 3 largest Mexican cities, then discounted rates using Skype Credit to call other phones in Mexico (3 US cents/minute for landlines outside those 3 cities, 15 US cents/minute for Mexican mobile numbers).  Skype is not able to connect calls to Mexican toll-free numbers (those advertised in Mexico as 01-800 numbers).  Again, the "Subscriptions" link will be useful in showing the subscription options.

View solution in original post
Cheko
Casual Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 3 (1,881 Views)

Re: Upgrading Premium

Cheko wrote:

You would not upgrade Skype Premium, but you may need to purchase a couple of additional subscriptions depending on where and the type of phones you are calling.  First of all, make sure of the country/countries you have with Skype Premium.  Normally you get one country, which could be either the USA or Canada.

The main issue with being able to call all over the US, Canada, and Mexico is Mexico.  Due to the higher costs for calling phones down there, the options get more expensive quickly.  For example, Skype has subscriptions that cover calling to all landline phones in the 3 largest Mexican cities (Mexico City, Guadalajara, and Monterrey).  Another subscription covers calling all landline phones throughout Mexico, and there is one at US$ 59.99/month that covers calling all Mexican landline and mobile phones.  Click on "Subscriptions" below, then enter Mexico for more details on these and other options.

There is an Unlimited North America subscription, but it may not be adequate depending on where in Mexico you need to call.  It has unlimited calling to landline and mobile phones in both the US and Canada, unlimited calling to landline phones in those 3 largest Mexican cities, then discounted rates using Skype Credit to call other phones in Mexico (3 US cents/minute for landlines outside those 3 cities, 15 US cents/minute for Mexican mobile numbers).  Skype is not able to connect calls to Mexican toll-free numbers (those advertised in Mexico as 01-800 numbers).  Again, the "Subscriptions" link will be useful in showing the subscription options.

---
Patrick

Location/Ubicacion: Arizona USA
Time Zone/Hora Local: UTC/GMT -7

If this message has adequately addressed your issue, please click on the “Accept as Solution” button. If you found a post useful then please "Give Kudos" at the bottom of my post, so that this information can benefit others.

Si esto mensaje le ha ayudado, por favor haga clic en "Aceptar como solución". Si encuentra un mensaje útil, por favor "Da Kudos" al final del mensaje, por lo que esta información puede beneficiar a otros.

I am not a Skype employee. No soy un empleado de Skype.
wd9ewk
Super Adventurer
Kudos: 612
Message 2 of 3 (1,873 Views)

Re: Upgrading from US & Canada to Premium

I have a US & Canada account which renewed 5 days ago for CDN$30

I would like to upgrade to a Premium account which costs about CDN $55

Can I pay the difference of CDN $25 and upgrade?

Skype does not allow me to cancel the US & Canada account as there is no refund possible on a pro rata basis.  If I pay $55 for a premium account then I will be having two accounts doing the same thing (unlimited calls to US & C) for around $85, except for the multiple screen/video sharing  facility

Hence I would like to continue the present account, pay the difference of $25 and upgrade to premium.

Please let me know how this can be done.

upendra
Casual Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 3 of 3 (1,183 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling