Re: Traveling to Europe

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!

Traveling to Europe

[ Edited ]

I am traveling  from the USA to Europe :Romania one week and Spain one week. I am having my DROID GLOBAL BY MOTOROLA SMART PHONE with me.I need to receive and return calls on my cell /phone. How can Skype assist me ?I do have a skype account. What do I have to do?

lolila67
Reliable Tourist
Kudos: 1
Message 1 of 5 (1,517 Views)

For example you may try Skype for Android on your phone:
http://www.skype.com/intl/en-us/get-skype/on-your-mobile/download/skype-for-android/

If you have WiFi connection available in Romania and Spain then you can make free Skype to Skype calls back home or if you wish to call landline/mobile numbers then you can use subscriptions/Skype Credit.
http://www.skype.com/intl/en/prices/

Andre

If answer was helpful please mark it with Kudos and if issue is resolved mark it with solution. This will help other users find this answer more easily. Thanks in advance!
Andre
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator icon
Kudos: 671
Message 2 of 5 (1,495 Views)

I have a similar question - I'm traveling to France and want to call home in the US to a landline phone - do I need to use the country code for US and what is it?

Thanks

malsper
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 3 of 5 (1,432 Views)

Yes, you need to dial the country code for US. When using Skype, you need to follow the Internatil format for dialing. So if you want to call US using Skype, then dial +1 then the area code + the phone number.

kythe21
Casual Adventurer
Kudos: 2
Message 4 of 5 (1,429 Views)

I am traveling to Italy and want to call home to the US and possibly make calls within Italy.  Will the Unlimited Europe subscription work for me?  is it better to do the subscription than just buying skype credit?  if I have the Eurpoe Unlimited plan, how much do I pay to do a skype texting?

cherylgerrish
Casual Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 5 of 5 (1,401 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling