Re: Skype charges

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Okay,

You guys obviously deal with ID10T's on a daily basis. Let me assure you;

1) I know all about SKYPE's services and what they use to charge for and what not.

2) I obviously know that I have to install the APP first, how else would I have received the message

3) None of your comments (Although I appreciate that I am getting some response) are helping what I believe to be a problem with either Both my and my wife's account (less likely) or an Issue with the the APP itself in conjunctions with OS X version i am running.

So if the latter is the case, how do I resolve it? 

Meatusx
Casual Adventurer
Kudos: 1
Message 11 of 13 (140 Views)

I completely understand.  I am not new to Skype. I use it for my non-apple friends.  I have to walk them through it because it is not as simple as clicking facetime call button on apple.. smiles.. BUT all of sudden several of my friends are stuck in a loop that skype appears to be demanding a payment.. whatever.. I have spent eough time on this today.. Skype is now hated in this house-hold for the day.. tomorrow is another day.. 

facetimerules
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 12 of 13 (124 Views)

Microsoft now own Skype.

If you want to make a video call to anothert Skyp[e user, then you will have to cop adverts coming on the screen, covering up the face of the person you are talking with.

I tried it the other day and had an advert for Medibank (Australia) in the center of the screen.

Try VSee. It;s free if you use it only once per day,It uses less bandwidth and has better video and souind than Skype.

Just Google Vsee

fireman7221
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 13 of 13 (56 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling