Re: Skype Premium Account; still getting pop-up ad...

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Accepted Solution

Re: Skype Premium Account; still getting pop-up ads.

I also have Skype Premium and although I don't see ads  on my PC or Mac, I do on my iPhone, and there is no way to turn them off.  This is double-dipping by Microsoft:  we pay a subscription AND we have to look at pop-up ads.  Does anyone have a solution?

Claudius
Community Manager

images.message_type_solution.altAccepted Solution

0 Kudos

Just to double check: You are using the same account to sign in on Mac and iPhone, right?

View solution in original post
Please use plain text.
ginawadley
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 7 (795 Views)

Skype Premium Account; still getting pop-up ads.

Hello,

I've escalated this issue for further examination. Thank you for reporting it.

SKYPE STAFF MODERATOR & BETA TESTER
TIME ZONE - US EASTERN [UTC MINUS 5 HOURS]. LOCATION - PHILADELPHIA, PENNSYLVANIA, USA.

I recommend that you always run the latest software version: Windows & Mac

If my advice helped to fix your issue please mark it as a solution to help others.
Please note that I generally don't respond to unsolicited Private Messages. Thank you.
Please use plain text.
NormanM
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator icon
Kudos: 1529
Message 2 of 7 (787 Views)

Two months on and a new payment, and I am still having this issue.  I won't be paying again if this doesn't get fixed.

Please use plain text.
zepheera
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 1
Message 3 of 7 (772 Views)

Just to double check: You are using the same account to sign in on Mac and iPhone, right?

Keep your Skype up to date
Did my reply answer your question? Accept it as a solution to help others, Thanks.
Please use plain text.
Claudius
Community Manager
Community Manager icon
Kudos: 13925
Message 4 of 7 (755 Views)

I am not getting the ads on my iPhone anymore.  I logged off on my iPhone.  I changed my Skype password on my Mac.  Then logged back in with the new Skype password.  I think I had been logged in on my iPhone with my Microsoft account, and maybe that's why I was getting the ads.  It's strange that the Microsoft account might not have recognized my Premium Skype account.

Please use plain text.
ginawadley
Novel Adventurer
Message 5 of 7 (705 Views)

Yep, I have Premium also and am getting ads on my Skype. This is rather annoying.

Please use plain text.
JamieP
Novel Tourist
Message 6 of 7 (259 Views)

Same problem here.  I'm running latest version of Win8.1 with Skype Desktop (find the App terribly annoying, sorry) latest version.  Upgraded to Premium a while ago, but still getting ads.  I've logged off and on with both Windows and Skype accounts, but the ads keep coming.  Anybody found a solution?

Please use plain text.
Schura
Casual Adventurer
Message 7 of 7 (84 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling