Online Number - Issues with Dialling In from Mobil...

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Online Number - Issues with Dialling In from Mobile - UK

After buying a UK (London 020:cool: Online Number, I had problems dialling in from a mobile. A prerecorded (voice) message is received at the mobile as follows: 

"There is currently a high demand for this destination, please try again later".

It is not the security settings and I tried several different mobile operators and the same message is relayed  suggesting it is not the gateway between specific Mobile Operators and Skype (the routing may go through BT). I have discussed this with Skype Customer Service and not got a resolution or even an inkling as to what the issue is.

Has anyone signed up for an online number in the UK that works with a mobile dialling in, what I am trying to understand is if it is the London (020:cool: number that is blocking or if it mobile to Skype calls generally. 

Thanks for your suggestions in advance.

0 Kudos
Synopta
Casual Adventurer
Kudos: 1
Message 1 of 9 (323 Views)

Re: Online Number - Issues with Dialling In from Mobile - UK

Customer service is investigating this, please contact them as guided here: https://support.skype.com/en/faq/FA1170/How-can-I-contact-Skype-Customer-Service

Andre

If answer was helpful please mark it with Kudos and if issue is resolved mark it with solution. This will help other users find this answer more easily. Thanks in advance!
0 Kudos
Andre
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator icon
Kudos: 718
Message 2 of 9 (316 Views)

Andre - to clarify, are Customer Services actually looking into this problem or are you suggesting calling them?

0 Kudos
Synopta
Casual Adventurer
Message 3 of 9 (312 Views)

[ Edited ]

First make sure you are logged in only on one device or computer, then double check your privacy settings: https://support.skype.com/en/faq/FA10615/Why-am-I-not-receiving-calls-to-my-Online-Number

If problem still exists then please provide some examples to customer service: https://support.skype.com/en/faq/FA1170/How-can-I-contact-Skype-Customer-Service

* Caller's number (network provider if you know)
* Date/time of the call (GMT if possible or at least BST)

Andre

If answer was helpful please mark it with Kudos and if issue is resolved mark it with solution. This will help other users find this answer more easily. Thanks in advance!
0 Kudos
Andre
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator icon
Message 4 of 9 (308 Views)

We have this problem still a year later?

We have an 0208  number and every 4-5 days it does down like this, and when called from our mobiles gives the sorry there is a high demand for this number message.

I have been asking on the support forum for weeks, I just find numerous other ignored customers like me,

Not good skypel

0 Kudos
phil99
Casual Adventurer
Message 5 of 9 (280 Views)

I have couple of Online Numbers and haven't had any issues with them so far, but they are not 0208 numbers. So it might be linked to carrier who provides this number range.

Anyways, if it's not working you need to report it to customer service so that they can check it and escalate to carrier.

Customer service can be contacted via email or chat here:
https://support.skype.com/faq/FA1170

0 Kudos
Andre
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator icon
Message 6 of 9 (265 Views)

Hi there Andre,

Thanks for your efforts, however as you have said this before, of course yes I have reported this to skype support, as others have dating back now over a year, with no fix yet it seems.

Again yesterday I was told Skype is aware of this issue, and is trying to sort it out with 'local carriers'

This is also the reply I have found on these forums. It seems to only happen when people are calling from a mobile phone. Other threads seemed to think it was an issue the mobile companies have with Skype (I was getting this busy message when calling from my O2 mobile in the UK).

I wonder.... my mobile has free calls to UK landlines beginning with 0, so technically this is a free call on my mobile.... I wonder if the mobile providers are losing out with this because its a skype number?

Either way it has been happening for a year now at least, Skype have not fixed it, and to continue to charge for a service they are aware does not meet their description to me seems very unethical of Skype. 

0 Kudos
phil99
Casual Adventurer
Message 7 of 9 (260 Views)

I see.
If the issue is on carrier side then it's bit more complicated and it can take time, but I agree that one year is too long.
I'll check this issue with Skype PSTN team on Monday and hopefully I can get some more insight on why this issue is still happening.

Really sorry about the inconvenience this has caused you :sad:

0 Kudos
Andre
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator icon
Message 8 of 9 (244 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hi there Andre,

My skype in number is STILL NOT WORKING AS OF TODAY YEARS AFTER SKYPE HAS BEEN AWARE OF THIS ISSUE. You are still charging for this service, that does not work fully. 

You emailed me back in June 2012 to ask me if me and my friends could do some free testing for skype, which we did.

I emailed you back on 18th June with the results, and you stopped replying. I waited till 27th July and chased you up, again no more replies. It is now August, and my skype phone is not working from o2 mobile phones.

I receive no help on here, I email Skype customer support and nothing gets fixed, who do I have to contact to get any service for my money? Trading standards?

Sorry if I sound rude or angry (I am!) I appreciate you are not Skype.

0 Kudos
phil99
Casual Adventurer
Message 9 of 9 (213 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling