Re: No gift card email?!?

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

No gift card email?!?

A few days ago I purchased a skype gift card and selected to have it sent to my friends email address. After the purchase I was sent to the confirmation page which I didn't print as I assumed a confirmation email would be sent.

I never received a confirmation email and my friend never received her gift card. The amount has been charged and withdrawn from my credit card.

Obviously this is a forum so I can post any of my personal information but if a skype representative could get a hold of me somehow to confirm my purchase, I would appreciate it.

Next step will be opening a dispute with my credit card company. So hopefully someone can help me before it comes to this.

Please let me know any information I can provide to confirm the gift card purchase.

Thanks

Tom

Tom0.01
Casual Tourist
Kudos: 2
Message 1 of 6 (490 Views)

[ Edited ]

Same what happened to me. I bought gift card last night. charged my card. got no confirmation email. I don't know whats happening. I didnt print the receipt as well because I was expecting that the transaction will be sent to my email address. 

backmask
Novel Tourist
Message 2 of 6 (310 Views)

Same happened to me! What's going on SKYPE... Why haven't they responded. This is SERIOUS. If your CC is debited but they don't give you the code!!! 

keaneharvey
Novel Tourist
Message 3 of 6 (274 Views)

Dear Readers,

:surprised:

I have never not received an e-mail confirmation of any purchase!  Please do contact Skype Customer Service straight away to enquire and to report this problem, as we here in the Community do not have access to Skype accountholder records.

Here is a link to the instruction on how to contact Skype Customer Service via their secure portal: Contact Customer Service

As you know you intend to contact Customer Service, skip past Step 2 of the instruction where several articles from the FAQ library will appear for you to review, and proceed to Step 3, Continue Support Request (the "button" appears at the lower right corner of the website page). You may also skip past in Step 4 where you will be referred back here to the Community; no need to do this as the Community is where you started.

Regards,
Elaine

__________________________________________________________________________________________________
Was your question answered? Please click on the Accept as a Solution link so everyone can quickly find what works! Like a post or want to say, "Thank You" - ?? Click on the Kudos button!

Please note:   To remove (delete) a Skype Account, you must contact Skype Customer Service directly. We here in the Community cannot process account-related service requests.

Trustworthy information: Brian Krebs: 3 Basic Rules for Online Safety and Consumer Reports: Guide to Internet Security

Online Safety Tips: Do not accept contact invitations from anyone whom you do not know, and change your passwords regularly and often.

Do you have a Skype trick up your sleeve?  Share your Solutions and Tips with us!

Elaine
Moderator icon
Kudos: 1832
Message 4 of 6 (257 Views)

It's the CRAP "3rd party" fulfillment company "Chat & Vision" that Skype is using.

They take your money, THEN tell you it can take "up to 48 hours" to deliver, and then take longer than that (four days the last time I bought one).

Then, if you try to get support from Skype, they tell you "contact Chat & Vision". 

After navigating the NIGHTMARE at C&V's website to finally get a support request in, they auto-reply with a very familiar phrase....

"It will take up to 48 hours for a reply". 

A week later, I have yet to recieve a support request reply from them.

And Skype won't take responsibility for this. It's really unacceptable.

Class action waiting to happen? I'm thinking maybe yes....

logicaltribe
Casual Adventurer
Kudos: 5
Message 5 of 6 (149 Views)

I suggest that everyone in the States (& wherever else possible) stop buying Skype gift cards online. Instead, go to Staples, where they sell gift cards you can HAND TO SOMEONE, just like "real" gift cards.

They come in $10 & $25 denominations @ my local Staples store. (Was a BOOGER to find a brick & mortar location for these cards, but I was persistent...)

PASS THIS INFO ALONG!

chilling11
Casual Adventurer
Message 6 of 6 (100 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling