It says I have no credit, but bought a subscriptio...

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

It says I have no credit, but bought a subscription

ok, first this is really frustrating b/c I hava a confernce call in an hour and can't talk to a real person.  Second I paid the $3 for unlimited U.S. calls on Tuesday.  Now I'm trying to make a call and it says that I no credit.  What gives?

molly_carmer
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 7 (429 Views)

Re: It says I have no credit, but bought a subscription

Your subscription is active and you can check delivered order from: https://secure.skype.com/account/purchase/history/orders

Please make sure you are logged in with the correct account if you have more than 1 account. If you are signed in on Skype for Mac client then please choose "File" > "Sign out".
Log in with the same account you logged into this forum and try to place a call.

If problem persists please get in touch with customer service: https://support.skype.com/en/faq/FA1170/How-can-I-contact-Skype-Customer-Service

Andre

If answer was helpful please mark it with Kudos and if issue is resolved mark it with solution. This will help other users find this answer more easily. Thanks in advance!
Andre
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator icon
Kudos: 712
Message 2 of 7 (428 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hello Molly,

The most common reason for receiving the "no credit" message is that you are using an incorrect dial sequence.

Make sure that you are inputting the international country code prefix (+1 for the USA).

This applies even if you are calling within your own country.

Failure to do so prompts the system to display the "no credit" message.

SKYPE STAFF MODERATOR & BETA TESTER
TIME ZONE - US EASTERN - PHILADELPHIA PA USA - UTC MINUS 5 HOURS

I recommend that you always run the latest software version: Windows & Mac

If my advice helped to fix your issue please mark it as a solution to help others.
Please note that I generally don't respond to unsolicited Private Messages. Thank you.
NormanM
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator icon
Kudos: 1363
Message 3 of 7 (426 Views)

I too have the problem of getting the "no credit" message even though I have an account. I have made sure I'm signed in and that i typed the international country code prefix correctly. What to do?

Also, where can i find the online support where I can talk to someone working for Skype? 

holmlundberg
Novel Tourist
Message 4 of 7 (417 Views)

[ Edited ]

@holmlundberg

Most recent number you dialed seems to be shared cost number(premium service number)

Since shared cost numbers are not covered by subscriptions you are not able to make calls to these numbers.

Regarding customer service, this FAQ should be helpful:
https://support.skype.com/en/faq/FA1170/How-can-I-contact-Skype-Customer-Service

Andre

If answer was helpful please mark it with Kudos and if issue is resolved mark it with solution. This will help other users find this answer more easily. Thanks in advance!
Andre
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator icon
Message 5 of 7 (415 Views)

The exact same thing happened to me. I bought 14,00 worth of credit and could call the US from Canada unless I buy more credit. This is no good to me. I bought through pay pal. How do I get my money back?Gail Goodwin

gailwgoodwin
Casual Tourist
Message 6 of 7 (406 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hi Gail,

I think your situation is bit different.
It seems you are trying to place calls from the account you logged into this forum, but you purchased Skype Credit for your second account.

Please open Skype client on your computer and under "Skype" menu select "Sign out". Then sign in with the account where you purchased your credit.

If you can't recall your second account then this FAQ can help you remember your secondary account: https://support.skype.com/en/faq/FA10858/I-ve-forgotten-my-Skype-name-How-do-I-find-out-what-it-is

Andre

Andre
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator icon
Message 7 of 7 (404 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling