International Calls from Belize

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Accepted Solution

International Calls from Belize

I am traveling to Belize in the coming weeks for work, and while I am gone I would like to be able to Skype with my wife. I have searched the support forums and have not found an answer. Is Belize a supported country for international calling in Latin America? I see Mexico, Argentina, Brazil and Chile, but not Belize. If someone has any information on this, it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you very much.

Accepted Solution

by afeg

For a long time the Belize govt-owned phone monolpoly blocked Skype and other VOIP services. They announced earlier in 2013 that this restriction would be lifted in April. I don't live in Belize so I cannot confirm if this actually happened, but the change was announced by Belize's prime minister.

View solution in original post
Wingwalker84
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 4 (588 Views)

Re: International Calls from Belize

For a long time the Belize govt-owned phone monolpoly blocked Skype and other VOIP services. They announced earlier in 2013 that this restriction would be lifted in April. I don't live in Belize so I cannot confirm if this actually happened, but the change was announced by Belize's prime minister.

afeg
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 1
Message 2 of 4 (563 Views)

Thanks for the information afeg. Hopefully it is true, and the block has been lifted. If not, I guess I will be using my work computer instead as it is routed through a VPN.
Wingwalker84
Novel Adventurer
Message 3 of 4 (556 Views)

I did not end up using Skype while I was in Belize, but I did talk to the locals there and they did say that the ban had been lifted.  Thanks for your help afeg.

Wingwalker84
Novel Adventurer
Message 4 of 4 (536 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling