Re: How to change the payment method of a subscrip...

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Accepted Solution

How to change the payment method of a subscription from credit card to bank transfer?

Hello!

I have just purchased a subscription in skype via credit card. Now I seek for a way to change the payment method from credit card to bank transfer.

My problem here is, that when I go to the subscriptions page, I get the option to ''change payment method'', after which I get redirected to the payments page where I just can ''add a payment method''. This gives me the option to add a new credit card, which kind of fails the sense of changing the payment method at least for me.

Am I overlooking something or can it really be possible that I am stuck with paying by credit card until I cancel my subscription?

As a side info, I'm located in Finland, therefore I do only have access to Finnish banks (in case that makes any difference).

I hope someone can help me solve this problem.

Thanks in advance,

Fahlyn

Kadri
Staff Moderator

images.message_type_solution.altAccepted Solution

hello Fahlyn,

you can not change the payment method of your subscription to bank transfer, as the payment method should allow automatic payments (so only options are credit cards, PayPal or Skype Credit). In your case I advise you to change the payment method to Skype Credit, and then purchase credit via bank transfer. The next payment will in this case be takn from the credit balance.

View solution in original post
fahlyn
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 1
Message 1 of 12 (6,989 Views)

Re: How to change the payment method of a subscription from credit card to bank transfer?

hello Fahlyn,

you can not change the payment method of your subscription to bank transfer, as the payment method should allow automatic payments (so only options are credit cards, PayPal or Skype Credit). In your case I advise you to change the payment method to Skype Credit, and then purchase credit via bank transfer. The next payment will in this case be takn from the credit balance.
Kadri
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator icon
Kudos: 212
Message 2 of 12 (6,984 Views)

Re: How to change the payment method of a subscription from credit card to bank transfer?

Okay, then I guess I just need to stick with the credit card! But thank you for your answer :happy:

0 Kudos
fahlyn
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 1
Message 3 of 12 (6,976 Views)

I have the same problem. I used Pay Pal payment before but Pay Pal limited my account so I can only use Pay Pal until after 180 days according to their specific regulations. I also do not have any credit card. How am I supposed to pay for my Skype that I have been using since start of Skype. I really need outgoing calls.  Martin

0 Kudos
martinimartini
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 4 of 12 (6,891 Views)

martinimartini wrote:

I have the same problem. I used Pay Pal payment before but Pay Pal limited my account so I can only use Pay Pal until after 180 days according to their specific regulations. I also do not have any credit card. How am I supposed to pay for my Skype that I have been using since start of Skype. I really need outgoing calls.  Martin

Hi,

As I understand you have a restriction on your PayPal account, unfortunately this is something Skype can't help you with.

But you can try alternative payment methods: www.skype.com/intl/en-us/prices/ways-to-pay/

Another option is to let your friend set up Skype Manager account, purchase credit there and allocate it to you: https://support.skype.com/en-us/faq/FA10519/What-is-Skype-Manager-and-how-does-it-work

Andre

If answer was helpful please mark it with Kudos and if issue is resolved mark it with solution. This will help other users find this answer more easily. Thanks in advance!
0 Kudos
Andre
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator icon
Kudos: 718
Message 5 of 12 (6,881 Views)

Re: Issues with Credit card being saved

I just tried to update my credit card info on my skype account I have been using for a while and it says that this card is used on other accounts.  I only had one other account for gaming purposes and I deleted the card from account when i stopped using it.  Since this is the only credit card I have, how can i find out where this credit card is being used on.  Any help is appreciated since I do call my daughter in Canada and i am in the US.  Thank you.

0 Kudos
SG
Casual Tourist
Message 6 of 12 (6,853 Views)

Re: Issues with Credit card being saved

Hi,

Please contact customer service: https://support.skype.com/en/faq/FA1170/How-can-I-contact-Skype-Customer-Service

Andre

If answer was helpful please mark it with Kudos and if issue is resolved mark it with solution. This will help other users find this answer more easily. Thanks in advance!
0 Kudos
Andre
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator icon
Kudos: 718
Message 7 of 12 (6,845 Views)

I am having an issue updating my credit card... maybe someone can help in here.  It is the exact same card number, just an updated expiration date.  Unfortunately every time I try to change it, I get an authentication failed message and am told to contact my bank.  I never have issues using the card anywhere else.  Anybody have this same issue when trying to update payment method?

0 Kudos
ryanstrauss2
Novel Tourist
Message 8 of 12 (6,663 Views)

Re: How to change the payment method of a subscription from one off bank transfer to Pay Pal?

I am trying to go the opposite direction. I am trying to change payment method from one off bank transfer to Pay Pal so that I can use auto recharge, but there doesn't seem to be any provision. I don't want to create another account. Surely it would be a benefit for Skype to have me use an auto recharge facility.

0 Kudos
JamesSmith
Casual Adventurer
Message 9 of 12 (6,219 Views)

i want to stop this payment from doing from cr. Card and i need u should cancil it so plz cancil it if i want any payment then i will purchase it from my card so plz stop it
0 Kudos
Manikarora20
Casual Tourist
Message 10 of 12 (5,979 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling