Re: Help with signing in to account please! :-)

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!

Help with signing in to account please! :-)

i have been a paying skype subscription customer since 2006 - 2008 with a world subscription at every three months.

there are a few things i'd like to tackle.

i cannot remember my skype password, i cannot reset it, it alwasy directs me to use microsoft account but i cannot use that to sign in to skype. =S i have used up all my tokens and have to wait 24 hours but i need to access my account NOW.

I am wondering if my account has been hacked...?

some months back when I restart my computer (mac osx 7.5) it started asking me upon start up if i want to allow skype to allow incoming data or something like that. I have NEVER had that happen before. so sometimes i allow and sometimes i deny. i thought maybe it is something new maybe with an update i don't know...

is this normal?

so since i cannot remember my password i went to keychain access and i select show password and put in my admin password and it will not show it but under the account field in keychain access it says .token.0.

a couple few years back somehow there was a malicious charge made to my bank account adn i had to get a new bank account it was a nightmare and i happend to notice this right a couple days before flying overseas to be gone for several months. anyway, i was going through my records and saw taht at 10 dollar charge was made 23 may 2013. i dont recall purchasing skype credit and since my 26.95 charge was done just a couple days after this why would i need more credit? i dont know it is STRANGE. this was something similar to what happend a while back.

it says that with the world subscription i am supposed to be given a small amount of credit but over the years i have never seen this why not? and where can i get it?

it was so frustrating to try to get help, i wanted so much to do chat support but i cannot sign in because I cannot remember my password. =S fortuantly i still have my skype set to sign in automatically so i can still chat and call via there but i need to access my account to find payment history.

i am looking forward so very much to hear from anyone as soon as possible. I have sent this request to personal people here on this webpage and have heard NOTHING... which on the help page for skype is says it is a helpful community. I am starting to wonder about that. Please help anyone.

thank you very kindly for your valuable time.

maretree
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 1
Message 1 of 5 (255 Views)

try to recover your password by contacting contactus@skype.net

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time.

If you found my post useful, please give "Kudos".
If it helped to answer your problem/question, please mark it as "Accepted Solution" so other people can find it easily.
NewHorizon
Community Ambassador
Community Ambassador icon
Kudos: 92
Message 2 of 5 (226 Views)

thank you very kindly for this. i tried this and i just got an email bounced back to me saying that the one you provided doesnt work anymore and it gave me a link to sign in with either my hotmail or skype account. both which i have tried and it is just a circular madness. why cannot anyone just help me? it is soooo frustrating that they have made getting help very difficult. =S

any other suggestions i'd be happy.

have a good day and thanks again.

maretree
Novel Adventurer
Message 3 of 5 (215 Views)

I have attached a file below to show that i am just getting noWHERE with this apparent help to sign in. in the second to last picture you will notice it says reset microsoft password. BUT I DONT NEED TO. the very last photo showes that there is a distinct individual option to reset just the skype password and i cannot do that using the code that they have emailed me. i just want to reset my skype account.

PLEASE SOMEONE HELP.

i have been asking help since thrusday.

maretree
Novel Adventurer
Message 4 of 5 (210 Views)

Please send me a private message with the Skype name you want to recover. Looks like you are trying to recover Skpe password to a pure Microsoft account which is not necessary.

Keep your Skype up to date
Did my reply answer your question? Accept it as a solution to help others, Thanks.
Claudius
Community Manager
Community Manager icon
Kudos: 11916
Message 5 of 5 (156 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling