Does Skype have an unlimited Text Messaging plan?

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!

Does Skype have an unlimited Text Messaging plan?

[ Edited ]

I've been reading the Prices and plans, but I don't think I've found a definitive answer to the following…

Today I bought a $10 Pay As You Go plan, and an $18/3 months for an Online Number so people can call me. Not really sure what I paid for, nor if I made the right purchase…

Is there a plan or subscription that has the following features for a non-business user:

• Unlimited Voice calls incoming and outgoing within the United States
  • Unlimited text messages
  • Unlimited instant messages
  • Voicemail
  • Ad free

Does Skype have video messaging, or voice messaging?

Does the premium plan have all these features including an Online Number so people can call to reach you by voice?

If these are available which is the best package at the best price that encompasses all?

Thanks!

David

davidlong60
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 7 (4,527 Views)

Re: Does Skype have an unlimited Text Messaging plan?

Hi David,

Currently there isn't one product that would meet all your requests, but I'll try to list what Skype has.

* Unlimited US & Canada - covers calls outgoing to US & Canada phone numbers (Fair usage applies)

* Online Numbers - cover incoming calls from phones. Online Numbers are not included in any of the subscriptions, but if you have a subscription and purchase Online Number for 12months then it will be with 50% discount. More info

* SMS messages are not covered in any of the subscriptions, therefore you would need Skype Credit and each SMS is charged based on SMS rates. More info

* Voicemail is free of charge. More info

* Chat messages or IM's are free of charge as these are sent from Skype account to Skype account

* Partner advertising is turned off for Skype Premium subscribers: http://www.skype.com/intl/en-us/prices/premium/

My advise would be, keep Skype Credit you purchased for SMS. For calling choose a subscription from www.skype.com/go/subscriptions

For incoming calls you already have an Online Number and you should have active voicemail right now. If you also need group video calling then you might check if Skype Premium bundle that comes with Unlimited US&Canada is suitable for you: http://www.skype.com/intl/en-us/prices/premium/

Note: Video & voice messaging is not currently available.

I hope this helped a bit.

Andre

If answer was helpful please mark it with Kudos and if issue is resolved mark it with solution. This will help other users find this answer more easily. Thanks in advance!
Andre
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator icon
Kudos: 698
Message 2 of 7 (4,520 Views)

Andre wrote:

Hi David,

Currently there isn't one product that would meet all your requests, but I'll try to list what Skype has.

* Unlimited US & Canada - covers calls outgoing to US & Canada phone numbers (Fair usage applies)

* Online Numbers - cover incoming calls from phones. Online Numbers are not included in any of the subscriptions, but if you have a subscription and purchase Online Number for 12months then it will be with 50% discount. More info

* SMS messages are not covered in any of the subscriptions, therefore you would need Skype Credit and each SMS is charged based on SMS rates. More info

* Voicemail is free of charge. More info

* Chat messages or IM's are free of charge as these are sent from Skype account to Skype account

* Partner advertising is turned off for Skype Premium subscribers: http://www.skype.com/intl/en-us/prices/premium/

My advise would be, keep Skype Credit you purchased for SMS. For calling choose a subscription from www.skype.com/go/subscriptions

For incoming calls you already have an Online Number and you should have active voicemail right now. If you also need group video calling then you might check if Skype Premium bundle that comes with Unlimited US&Canada is suitable for you: http://www.skype.com/intl/en-us/prices/premium/

Note: Video & voice messaging is not currently available.

I hope this helped a bit.

Andre

Thanks Andre,  You have explained it very well. Do I now have it absolutely correct?  Since i am currently subscribed for 1 year unlimited (USA/ CA) and 1 year Shype number. Skype is STILL chargeing me MORE THAT MOST CELL PROVIDERS fo text mesages.

Correct?  Ins't that a rip-off?

majorfunding
Novel Adventurer
Message 3 of 7 (2,299 Views)

Re : Does Skype have an unlimited Text Messaging plan?

[ Edited ]

Hi,

According to == https://support.skype.com/en/faq/FA928/ ==

"Important : Sending SMS text messages is not covered by subscriptions."

Hth

On ne regarde pas l'avenir dans un rétroviseur ! :wink:
IMac Intel Core i3 3.2 GHz - RAM 12 GB - OS 10.9.4
Skype 2.8.0.866 + 6.19.0.442
Logitech usb headset or Jabra 250 bt
Foyan
Community Ambassador
Community Ambassador icon
Kudos: 1011
Message 4 of 7 (2,289 Views)

Re : Does Skype have an unlimited Text Messaging plan?

Foyan wrote:

Hi,

According to == https://support.skype.com/en/faq/FA928/ ==

"Important : Sending SMS text messages is not covered by subscriptions."

Hth

With Foyan's sig, "On ne regarde pas l'avenir dans un rétroviseur ! :wink:"

Which Google translates as,"We do not look at the future in a mirror".  Which i see as an astute observation!!

majorfunding
Novel Adventurer
Message 5 of 7 (2,269 Views)

Why in the world would you NOT have an option for unlimited texting?  

DogTop
Novel Tourist
Message 6 of 7 (1,263 Views)

Very good question :happy:
Posted from Apple iPhone
j_mette
Casual Tourist
Message 7 of 7 (347 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling