Re: Credit vs Subscription

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Accepted Solution

Credit vs Subscription

What is the difference between Skype Credit & a Skype subscription?  I forgot that I was set to auto-renew, so today I was charged again for another year of Skype Credit.  I contacted Skype for a refund of this next year of credit since I am no longer using it much & I still have a balance of credit for the last year.  I received a credit to my account.  Customer Service said my subscription had been cancelled, but I still have 2 days left to use my Skype Credit.  I asked if I lose the Credit balance & Customer Service said "NO", I could still use the Credit, my Subscription had just been cancelled.  

Can someone clarify the difference between Skype Credit & the Subscription?  Can I still use my Skype Credit after this Subscription period ends in two days?

Thanks so much!

Laptopnomad
Honorary Adventurer

images.message_type_solution.altAccepted Solution

Yes your credit will stay with you until you use it up or you do not make any calls for I think 90 days. They will send you an email to tell you if your credit is ready to expire.

View solution in original post
wd9ewk
Super Adventurer

images.message_type_solution.altAccepted Solution

CTroyano wrote:

Sorry, I still need a little clarification.  

So can I still use my Skype credit when my subscription runs out in a day or so?

Christine

Yes, you can still use Skype Credit.  It is valid for up to 180 days after the last call you made using Skype Credit.  To reset that 180-day timer, simply make a call that uses Skype Credit.  There is also a way to reactivate Skype Credit that expired due to non-use, through Skype Support, but the easiest way to keep it going is to just make a call that uses the credit. 

View solution in original post
CTroyano
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 9 (1,751 Views)

Re : Credit vs Subscription

Hi,

== https://support.skype.com/en/faq/FA11096/ ==

Hth

On ne regarde pas l'avenir dans un rétroviseur ! :wink:
IMac Intel Core i3 3.2 GHz - RAM 12 GB - OS 10.10.1
Skype 7.2.412
Logitech usb headset or Jabra 250 bt
Foyan
Community Ambassador
Community Ambassador icon
Kudos: 1271
Message 2 of 9 (1,737 Views)

So can I still use my Skype credit when my subscription runs out in a day or so?

Christine

CTroyano
Novel Adventurer
Message 3 of 9 (1,728 Views)

Yes your credit will stay with you until you use it up or you do not make any calls for I think 90 days. They will send you an email to tell you if your credit is ready to expire.

If you found a post useful, please give Kudos. If it helped to fix your issue, mark it as a solution to help others.
Thank You!
Laptopnomad
Honorary Adventurer
Kudos: 145
Message 4 of 9 (1,725 Views)

CTroyano wrote:

Christine

Yes, you can still use Skype Credit.  It is valid for up to 180 days after the last call you made using Skype Credit.  To reset that 180-day timer, simply make a call that uses Skype Credit.  There is also a way to reactivate Skype Credit that expired due to non-use, through Skype Support, but the easiest way to keep it going is to just make a call that uses the credit. 

---
Patrick

Location/Ubicacion: Arizona USA
Time Zone/Hora Local: UTC/GMT -7

If this message has adequately addressed your issue, please click on the “Accept as Solution” button. If you found a post useful then please "Give Kudos" at the bottom of my post, so that this information can benefit others.

Si esto mensaje le ha ayudado, por favor haga clic en "Aceptar como solución". Si encuentra un mensaje útil, por favor "Da Kudos" al final del mensaje, por lo que esta información puede beneficiar a otros.

I am not a Skype employee. No soy un empleado de Skype.
wd9ewk
Super Adventurer
Kudos: 673
Message 5 of 9 (1,724 Views)

Thank you so much! Quick & simple answer. Perfect! :happy:)
CTroyano
Novel Adventurer
Message 6 of 9 (1,718 Views)

Thank you so much. Straight & to the point. Wonderful. :happy:)
CTroyano
Novel Adventurer
Message 7 of 9 (1,718 Views)

I have a Skype credit balance of 6 USD. in addition to this I have subscribed for 120 minutes of India call. when I make a call to India amount its debited from the credit and not from the subscription. how will Ikeep my subscription as default debit method. Pls help
sandeepgeeyes
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 2
Message 8 of 9 (1,502 Views)

I have used Skype with the same credit card for the past year and now it will not allow me to reactivate my account! Why? The card is good the account is the same. I have called my bank and there is NO problem. the problem seems to be with Skype. There is no way to call and talk to a human and the emails that I have received have been totally worthless and do not even address the problem. I want to use Skype and reactivate my account but OMG - Skype you make it so difficult. 

What more can I do? HELP!!!!!!!!!!!

healthcare
Casual Tourist
Message 9 of 9 (715 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling