Close Personal Skype Account

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Accepted Solution

Close Personal Skype Account

Hello guys, im trying to close my personal skype account but i cant find this option in skype and also in my web account profile.

Exists this option?

Greetings

Primemover
Power User

Accepted Solution

Unfortunately, it is not possible to delete/close a Skype account.  If you no longer have intentions of using a particular account, you just need to abandon it.  You can edit/delete the details you registered in that account (you can simply replace them with imaginary values), and remove the profile image before abandoning that account so no one could identify who previously owns that Skype name.  You can also leave a status message such as "account no longer in use, my new account is XXXXX".

Moreover, it'll also be soon tagged as inactive by Skype and will be removed from the search results after a couple of months.

but if what you mean is to end any of your existing subcriptions, I think you may need to contact Skype;

-support.skype.com/support_selection 

View solution in original post
edgar-barajas
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 4
Message 1 of 15 (52,343 Views)

Re: Close Personal Skype Account

Unfortunately, it is not possible to delete/close a Skype account.  If you no longer have intentions of using a particular account, you just need to abandon it.  You can edit/delete the details you registered in that account (you can simply replace them with imaginary values), and remove the profile image before abandoning that account so no one could identify who previously owns that Skype name.  You can also leave a status message such as "account no longer in use, my new account is XXXXX".

Moreover, it'll also be soon tagged as inactive by Skype and will be removed from the search results after a couple of months.

but if what you mean is to end any of your existing subcriptions, I think you may need to contact Skype;

-support.skype.com/support_selection 

IF YOU FOUND OUR POST USEFUL THEN PLEASE GIVE "KUDOS". IF IT HELPED TO FIX YOUR ISSUE PLEASE MARK IT AS A "SOLUTION" TO HELP OTHERS. THANKS!
ALTERNATIVE SKYPE DOWNLOAD LINKS | HOW TO RECORD SKYPE VIDEO CALLS | HOW TO HANDLE SUSPICIOS CALLS AND MESSAGES
SEE MORE TIPS, TRICKS, TUTORIALS AND UPDATES in
| skypefordummies.blogspot.com | 

Primemover
Power User
Kudos: 1265
Message 2 of 15 (52,342 Views)

Nice.

Devel team, this is it maybe, a good feature in next's versions to help the account cleanner.

Thanks Primemover
0 Kudos
edgar-barajas
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 4
Message 3 of 15 (52,336 Views)

you're welcome edgar-barajas.  :happy:

IF YOU FOUND OUR POST USEFUL THEN PLEASE GIVE "KUDOS". IF IT HELPED TO FIX YOUR ISSUE PLEASE MARK IT AS A "SOLUTION" TO HELP OTHERS. THANKS!
ALTERNATIVE SKYPE DOWNLOAD LINKS | HOW TO RECORD SKYPE VIDEO CALLS | HOW TO HANDLE SUSPICIOS CALLS AND MESSAGES
SEE MORE TIPS, TRICKS, TUTORIALS AND UPDATES in
| skypefordummies.blogspot.com | 

0 Kudos
Primemover
Power User
Kudos: 1265
Message 4 of 15 (52,329 Views)

hi i need to close my skype acc how to do that pls tell me how to  abandon  it and how to change the skype name help me soon

blsanttoshrajn
Casual Tourist
Kudos: 2
Message 5 of 15 (49,137 Views)

I don't want to use this skype account anymore. Thank you.
rinadave1402
Casual Tourist
Kudos: 2
Message 6 of 15 (38,433 Views)

Close my account

edgar-barajas wrote:

Hello guys, im trying to close my personal skype account but i cant find this option in skype and also in my web account profile.

Exists this option?

Greetings

0 Kudos
kairperera
Casual Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 7 of 15 (36,777 Views)

i just open my account but, i can't now call any body from my phone.is that i want to close my skype account and keep my previous account.please help me to close it.
Posted from Samsung GT-I9100
0 Kudos
abumsafiri
Novel Tourist
Message 8 of 15 (33,622 Views)

New Skype for windows 8, Its **bleep**ING Stupid :tongue: I cant Sign out and into a diffrent Skype, Its way harder. And So Much un-user friendly

0 Kudos
Fiercemoxy
Novel Tourist
Message 9 of 15 (31,644 Views)

Hello guys, im trying to close my personal skype account but i cant find this option in skype and also in my web account profile?

Please, help me!

ninika445
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 1
Message 10 of 15 (29,251 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling