Change my subscription

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Accepted Solution

Change my subscription

I received Skype one-month free offer and subcribed for the service (Unlimited World) on Oct 2. But Skype charged me for subscription renewal today (Oct 30). 

I planned to continue using Skype with Canada 400 minutes plan ($4.99/month). How can I transfer the renewal cost to this plan?  

Jim

Accepted Solution

by Kadri
Hi Jim,

It's unfortunately not possible to transfer the amount you have already paid to another subscription or to change your existing subscription.

Since you wanted to buy a different one, please contact customer service and let them refund the payment that was taken.

https://support.skype.com/en/faq/FA297/How-do-I-request-a-refund

Also keep in mind that subscriptions are recurring, so if you do not wish to use a certain subscription anymore, don't forget to cancel it. Recurring payment is taken 3 days prior to the expiry date.
View solution in original post
usrjim
Casual Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 6 (993 Views)

Re: Change my subscription

Hi Jim,

It's unfortunately not possible to transfer the amount you have already paid to another subscription or to change your existing subscription.

Since you wanted to buy a different one, please contact customer service and let them refund the payment that was taken.

https://support.skype.com/en/faq/FA297/How-do-I-request-a-refund

Also keep in mind that subscriptions are recurring, so if you do not wish to use a certain subscription anymore, don't forget to cancel it. Recurring payment is taken 3 days prior to the expiry date.
Kadri
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator icon
Kudos: 171
Message 2 of 6 (984 Views)

Hi,

I have been trying to update my address so I can buy Skype credit, when the procedure is completed a new window appers saying that the page I am trying to reach was either deleted or does not exist. Two things: 1- I have changed my first name from Idario to Daniel; 2- I changed billing address. How can I change my billing address in Skype?

swimwithmenow
Novel Tourist
Message 3 of 6 (975 Views)

Hi,

Do you have this problem only in Skype client or also on Skype website: https://secure.skype.com/account/

Could you try to sign in to your Skype account page here https://secure.skype.com/account/ and start purchase process.
During payment process there should be billing details option on the right side and try to change it from there.

Let us know if you still have the issue.

Andre

If answer was helpful please mark it with Kudos and if issue is resolved mark it with solution. This will help other users find this answer more easily. Thanks in advance!
Andre
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator icon
Kudos: 671
Message 4 of 6 (889 Views)

Hi,

I have subscribed for the unlimited option and with auto recharge. I am currently back in my country and would like to choose a different subscription and cancel this one.

When i used the FAQ to find out how to cancel the subscription, I followed the process, but below "Subscription is active" on the left side (in a green block) -- I do not find a cancel subscription anywhere!

Please help! The system is taking my credit automatically!

Thanks

Preeti

kuba733
Novel Tourist
Message 5 of 6 (873 Views)

Hi Preeti,

Your account shows that you have purchased Unlimited World Extra subscription which has 2 year minimum contract. This is why it doesn't have cancel option.

More info: http://www.skype.com/intl/en-us/legal/terms/tou/#specific_terms

(d) The ‘Unlimited World Extra’ subscription has a minimum fixed term of 2 years from the date of purchase. You are not permitted to terminate it before the expiry of the 2-year minimum term except in case of breach by Skype of the Terms. This subscription is billed monthly as a recurring payment. The Skype Credit that is included per month as part your Unlimited World Extra subscription expires at the end of each month and you are not able to carry over any unused amounts.

Andre

If answer was helpful please mark it with Kudos and if issue is resolved mark it with solution. This will help other users find this answer more easily. Thanks in advance!
Andre
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator icon
Kudos: 671
Message 6 of 6 (871 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling