Change Skype username

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Accepted Solution

Change Skype username

[ Edited ]

Hi!

I wonder if it's possible to change my Skype username. My username is "i[***]", and I just want to remove the first letter, to have the username "a[***]".

I created my Skype account last week, but I haven't added any friends and other contacts to it yet, and I haven't connected to Facebook yet.

So, I want to either change my user name or to delete my account and create a new account with the username A[***]. Is it possible to do so?

Best regards,

Andx96

Joanna_M
Staff Moderator

images.message_type_solution.altAccepted Solution

Hi,

Unfortunately it is not possible to change or delete a Skype name.However, you can remove all the personal information contained in your profile. This will ensure that other people cannot search for you in Skype by using personal information such as your full name, email or phone number (although they will still be able to search for your Skype Name).

If you wish to create a new username then please follow these steps:

Start Skype. If you are automatically signed in to another Skype account, then go to Skype > Sign Out

Click the link Don't have a Skype Name? and follow the instructions.

I hope it helps:happy:

View solution in original post
Andx96
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 61
Message 1 of 11 (369,470 Views)

Re: Change Skype username

Hi,

Unfortunately it is not possible to change or delete a Skype name.However, you can remove all the personal information contained in your profile. This will ensure that other people cannot search for you in Skype by using personal information such as your full name, email or phone number (although they will still be able to search for your Skype Name).

If you wish to create a new username then please follow these steps:

Start Skype. If you are automatically signed in to another Skype account, then go to Skype > Sign Out

Click the link Don't have a Skype Name? and follow the instructions.

I hope it helps:happy:

If my answer helped to fix your issue, mark it as a Solution to help others.
Thank You!

Please send private messages only upon request.
Joanna_M
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator icon
Kudos: 614
Message 2 of 11 (369,440 Views)

Thanks for the quick reply! :happy:

But why isn't that possible? I have nothing in my Skype account, so wouldn't it be easy for you to delete my account or let me change it? :sad:

Andx96
Novel Adventurer
Message 3 of 11 (369,379 Views)

[ Edited ]

I have a similar situation but with more contacts. Can I access two accounts at once. or forward from the old account to teh new as I transition the people over to my new account? Im changing from per[***] to per[***]. The last bit on the previous names has been causing problems.

Skype account names edited to maintain confidentiality.

PHJ
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 16
Message 4 of 11 (369,328 Views)

Hello, any moderators? Can you please reply to my latest question, and also maybe reply to the other person who also posted in this thread to get help?

Andx96

Andx96
Novel Adventurer
Message 5 of 11 (369,278 Views)

Hiya Joanna_M
I have read your solution to creating a new Skype usename bet I can't seem to find the "don't have a Skype name?" link
Please help

Best regards
Manxie6
Posted from Apple iPod Touch
Manxie6
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 3
Message 6 of 11 (366,754 Views)

[ Edited ]

Just to clarify - it is NOT possible to change my user name?

I chose "[***]" back when I lived at apartment 4A, since I've moved out of there, I no longer even want to think about that apartment and that part of my life, it brings back unhappy memories. Is there any way I change my user name? If I have to delete my entire account and start again, it may be worth it!

will

will4a
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 7
Message 7 of 11 (366,028 Views)

Alright Joanna_M, I'll do as you said. To you other guys that needed help: I hope you'll solve your problems. Good bye!

Andx96
Novel Adventurer
Message 8 of 11 (364,489 Views)

Change Skype Premium username

[ Edited ]

Hi,

I have now subscribed to Skype Premium and would like to change my username.  If I wasn't with premium I could just go and create a new one.   Please help?

Regards,

[***]

pdinaboxtheresa
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 4
Message 9 of 11 (363,753 Views)

Hello, my skype name is [invalid URL]   for lots of years now.

but now i have no longer this site so i want to change it in a username [invalid URL]

how can i do it.. i use skype a lot and i need it also to call my clients, so the skype nae i have now disturbs my current business how i change it?

And one more questions how is possibel to buy an online number for country Greece?

thanks

Farfallina

farfallina
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 7
Message 10 of 11 (344,049 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling