Calling Canada from England

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Calling Canada from England

Hi, I'm considering buying the Unlimited Ireland, UK, US and Canada deal to call my girlfriend in Canada, I just need to know would she get any charge on her cellphone for recieving a call from me? Wasn't sure and does that deal definitely allow me to call Mobiles?

Thanks in advance

ilikeursoxs
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 5 (390 Views)

Re: Calling Canada from England

I just need to know would she get any charge on her cellphone for recieving a call from me? Wasn't sure and does that deal definitely allow me to call Mobiles?

No. Skype doesn't charge for inbound calls.

Yes. It does include calls to Canadian landlines and cellphones.

SKYPE STAFF MODERATOR & BETA TESTER
TIME ZONE - US EASTERN [UTC MINUS 5 HOURS]. LOCATION - PHILADELPHIA, PENNSYLVANIA, USA.

I recommend that you always run the latest software version: Windows & Mac

If my advice helped to fix your issue please mark it as a solution to help others.
Please note that I generally don't respond to unsolicited Private Messages. Thank you.
NormanM
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator icon
Kudos: 1523
Message 2 of 5 (385 Views)

Hi, I took this reply and went and bought the subscription, I may have called my girlfriend 5 times totaling maybe an hour of talk time, she's just been charged $350 on her cell phone for this month, is there any explanation as to why this happened if you said she wouldn't be charged for me calling her.
Posted from Apple iPhone
ilikeursoxs
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 3 of 5 (373 Views)
NormanM
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator icon
Message 4 of 5 (336 Views)

ilikeursoxs wrote:
is there any explanation as to why this happened if you said she wouldn't be charged for me calling her.

Hello,

As I said, Skype doesn't charge for receiving calls. The charges may have been applied by the cellphone carrier. Roaming costs? If you ask the cellphone carrier what the charges are for they will tell you

SKYPE STAFF MODERATOR & BETA TESTER
TIME ZONE - US EASTERN [UTC MINUS 5 HOURS]. LOCATION - PHILADELPHIA, PENNSYLVANIA, USA.

I recommend that you always run the latest software version: Windows & Mac

If my advice helped to fix your issue please mark it as a solution to help others.
Please note that I generally don't respond to unsolicited Private Messages. Thank you.
NormanM
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator icon
Message 5 of 5 (338 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling