Call between 2 computers on the same account

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Accepted Solution

Call between 2 computers on the same account

I have two computers on the same account. One is my home office desktop, the other is my mobile. This is useful as both computers use the same credit account. In addition, if I am travelling, or I am at the office, people are still able to contact me at the same address.

I am able to make phone and video calls from both of my computers to other computers but I am unable to set them up so that the computers can communicate with each other.

Is this possible?

If so how?

I hope that if what I am asking is impossible I don't have to set up a separate account on my mobile in order that my two computers can communicate with each other using the same account. 

TheUberOverLord
Aviator

images.message_type_solution.altAccepted Solution

kentannahill wrote:

I have two computers on the same account. One is my home office desktop, the other is my mobile. This is useful as both computers use the same credit account. In addition, if I am travelling, or I am at the office, people are still able to contact me at the same address.

I am able to make phone and video calls from both of my computers to other computers but I am unable to set them up so that the computers can communicate with each other.

Is this possible?

If so how?

I hope that if what I am asking is impossible I don't have to set up a separate account on my mobile in order that my two computers can communicate with each other using the same account. 

You can't for example chat to the other computer using the same Skype names on both.

That said, if you have online numbers, you can call those Online Number(s) and both computers can ring, however only one can answer the call.

View solution in original post
kentannahill
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 1
Message 1 of 4 (16,446 Views)

Re: Call between 2 computers on the same account

kentannahill wrote:

Is this possible?

If so how?

You can't for example chat to the other computer using the same Skype names on both.

That said, if you have online numbers, you can call those Online Number(s) and both computers can ring, however only one can answer the call.

TheUberOverLord
Aviator
Kudos: 500
Message 2 of 4 (16,439 Views)

Since I am unable to call between 2 computers on the same account, can I have 2 accounts on the same computer?

If so, do I merely download another iteration of Skype and install it on my portable in a different subdirectory of programs with a different username, password and phone number?

If this is not possible, how may I get around this?

BTW, thank you TheUberOverLord for your quick and suscinct reply.

0 Kudos
kentannahill
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 1
Message 3 of 4 (16,430 Views)

Maybe this FAQ is helpful: https://support.skype.com/en-us/faq/FA829/How-can-I-run-two-Skype-accounts-on-the-same-computer

Andre

If answer was helpful please mark it with Kudos and if issue is resolved mark it with solution. This will help other users find this answer more easily. Thanks in advance!
Andre
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator icon
Kudos: 741
Message 4 of 4 (16,423 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling