Re: Buying subscription without Skype Credit... is...

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Buying subscription without Skype Credit... is this possible anymore?

Hello, I have been using Skype subscription for several years. I have noticed for the last few days that when I am buying a new subscription, it is adding $7 skype credit as a mandatory option. There seems no option to take it out and just pay for the subscription price.

Does anyone know how to pay just the subscription price without the mandatory $7 credit.

Thanks.

ftahir
Casual Tourist
Kudos: 9
Message 1 of 12 (871 Views)

Re: Buying subscription without Skype Credit... is this possible anymore?

I noticed this same problem since last night. Please this problem needs to be fixed ASAP. thanks

rouquie
Casual Tourist
Kudos: 4
Message 2 of 12 (848 Views)

I have the same question. I contacted Customer Service to ask that the £5 credit charge be refunded. They replied that the £5 charge was part of my subscription and as I had used my subscription I could not get a refund.

I suggest you and any other Skype users that use subscriptions contact Customer Service. If this is a mistake once we bring it to Skypes attention they can fix it. If this is a new policy the full price of the subscription should be shown BEFORE you purchase. In my case this extra compulsory credit charge makes the cost of my subscription almost five times more than the price shown. Is this legal?

Badmem
Routine Adventurer
Kudos: 8
Message 3 of 12 (822 Views)

Unless this is fixed ASAP it should be an wide open door to class action lawsuit. I noticed this bait and switch tactic tonight when after signing up to 1 yr subscription. The page BEFORE entering credit card info had the $7 credit there but did not use it in the final calculation which was $30.58. On the page where you enter your credit card info the final price jumps to $37.58. Outrageous!

findnewmedia
Casual Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 4 of 12 (726 Views)

I noticed this as well. I'm a Canadian now living in the US. My skype still had my old address and when I was buying "from Canada" it wouldn't let me remove the $7 credit. I changed my address to the US and suddenly there was a box I could uncheck allowing me to opt out of it.  I think this is totally unfair, why are some countries getting an extra unessesary $7 tacked on that they don't need?!  Ridiculous.

Claire331
Novel Adventurer
Message 5 of 12 (692 Views)

I'm in Saudi Arabia and I can't opt out of the credit charge. I contacted customer support and they are investigating, So this may not be a deliberate policy. I was offered a refund, but only for the whole package not just the unwanted credit.

I suggest anybody that cannot opt out of the credit charge contact customer service. The more people that bring this to Skypes attention, the more chance we have of resolving this problem quickly.

Badmem
Routine Adventurer
Message 6 of 12 (664 Views)

Dear Readers,

Please see Staff Moderator Joanna's post for explanation:

http://community.skype.com/t5/Rates-and-subscriptions/Cannot-untick-credit-purchase-option/m-p/29043...

Regards,

Elaine

__________________________________________________________________________________________________
Was your question answered? Please click on the Accept as a Solution link so everyone can quickly find what works! Like a post or want to say, "Thank You" - ?? Click on the Kudos button!

Please note:   To remove (delete) a Skype Account, you must contact Skype Customer Service directly. We here in the Community cannot process account-related service requests.

Trustworthy information: Brian Krebs: 3 Basic Rules for Online Safety and Consumer Reports: Guide to Internet Security

Online Safety Tips: Do not accept contact invitations from anyone whom you do not know, and change your passwords regularly and often.

Do you have a Skype trick up your sleeve?  Share your Solutions and Tips with us!

Elaine
Moderator icon
Kudos: 1964
Message 7 of 12 (644 Views)

I have read the post from the moderator explaining that this is a bug. I just received an email from customer support stating that if I did not contact them within two days they would close the case as resolved. I just went to the subscription page to check if I could opt out of the extra credit charge. I am now getting an error that my stored payment information cannot be accessed. There is an option to add another payment option. Most of the options are greyed out; so I can't select another credit card or my original card. I therefore can't get to next screen where there should be an option to uncheck the extra credit. Therefore I can't check if the problem has been fixed!

After a week this problem doesn't seem to have been fixed. In fact more bugs seem to be appearing. In the meantime more Skype users are coming across this problem and are writing that they won't be buying anymore subscriptions. Just look at the number of messages posted in this forum. If Skype does not fix this problem soon people will be leaving Skype for other ways of making Internet calls.

Badmem
Routine Adventurer
Message 8 of 12 (464 Views)

Would you solving this, or I am going to viber out?

dragisic
Novel Adventurer
Message 9 of 12 (459 Views)

[ Edited ]

Badmem wrote:

I have the same question. I contacted Customer Service to ask that the £5 credit charge be refunded. They replied that the £5 charge was part of my subscription and as I had used my subscription I could not get a refund.

I suggest you and any other Skype users that use subscriptions contact Customer Service. If this is a mistake once we bring it to Skypes attention they can fix it. If this is a new policy the full price of the subscription should be shown BEFORE you purchase. In my case this extra compulsory credit charge makes the cost of my subscription almost five times more than the price shown. Is this legal?

Let's investigate too! Check out my updated article: http://community.skype.com/t5/Rates-and-subscriptions/Additional-5-Skype-Credit-when-Buying-a-Subscr...

Hopkinks
Esteemed Adventurer
Kudos: 33
Message 10 of 12 (421 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling