can online number receive SMS message?

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!

can online number receive SMS message?

Try to set up a online number mostly for sms message. Wonder if the skype online number can receive message sent from other landline/mobile phone located at different country? Thank you for any help.

faraway
Casual Tourist
Kudos: 3
Message 1 of 42 (18,742 Views)

Re: can online number receive SMS message?

Unfortunately no.
You can't receive SMS messages to your Online Number.

Andre

If answer was helpful please mark it with Kudos and if issue is resolved mark it with solution. This will help other users find this answer more easily. Thanks in advance!
Andre
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator icon
Kudos: 670
Message 2 of 42 (18,740 Views)

**bleep**! I was just going to post the same question... I hope you can find a way to make this happen, too. You're such an amazing service already!

0 Kudos
Ralia
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 3 of 42 (18,735 Views)

Yes please! Keen to have if possible. Thnks
Posted from Apple iPad
Floor
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 1
Message 4 of 42 (18,694 Views)

0 Kudos
TheUberOverLord
Aviator
Kudos: 1614
Message 5 of 42 (18,693 Views)

Andre wrote:
Unfortunately no.
You can't receive SMS messages to your Online Number.

Andre

I came across this post wanting an answer to the same question. I first tried sending a text to my online number. While reading the answer I was surprised to receive a call from +44845602111; the SMS text store service from BT which kindly read out my text message. Does this only work in the UK?

reallyfree
Casual Tourist
Kudos: 1
Message 6 of 42 (18,641 Views)

Skype client itself doesn't have the option to display SMS messages sent to Online Numbers.

Basically you can send SMS to landline and some phone service providers might even accept it, but there isn't a feature in Skype that would deliver these messages to someone's Skype client.

Andre

If answer was helpful please mark it with Kudos and if issue is resolved mark it with solution. This will help other users find this answer more easily. Thanks in advance!
Andre
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator icon
Kudos: 670
Message 7 of 42 (18,635 Views)

ok is there another option to receiving txt to your online number. Like can they fwd mms to your mobile?
0 Kudos
bonyak22
Casual Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 8 of 42 (18,292 Views)

Get it sorted please, it's basically the only reason I got an online number.

BlastbeatsLOL
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 2
Message 9 of 42 (18,198 Views)

Skype clients would really appreciate you guys think about making such a great option for as..  
1. Extremely useful for clients, since allot of people using SMS this days.  
- By using my Skype i do have option to send but not receive SMS, which in some way limit my ability to use Skype with the full capacity. Don't take me wrong, i love Skype and besides, I'm using it 24/7. 
2. You can charge for example, same price for received SMS as outgoing SMS. Locally and in roaming ( As option to have for fix monthly price). 
Maybe, who ever represent Skype here, in this forum, can direct this message to the right development department.
Thanks ))))
maximazer
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 4
Message 10 of 42 (17,673 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling