bug sms phone number display

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!

bug sms phone number display

Hi

When I make a phone call from skype my mobile phone number is showing correctly. However when I send an sms the number displayed is not mine and yes I checked the When I send an sms identify me by my mobile phone number

Please help thanks

moneyloser
Casual Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 4 (296 Views)

Re: bug sms phone number display

Is there anyway to contact a skype representative about that. I figured nobody could help on this issue on a forum

moneyloser
Casual Adventurer
Message 2 of 4 (290 Views)

You should have been prompted to confirm your number if that worked it should be working for you, there may be an issue with your telco provider (the people who own the infrastructure or there may be an issue with skype) do things to isolate the skype issue (check settings, reinstall send yourself text messages to see if the issue persists.)

If your totally stuck I'd say hit me up on skype bodyboardingwa. I am not your personal IT guy but I'll see what I can do

Nickthedevil
Routine Adventurer
Kudos: 3
Message 3 of 4 (281 Views)

I purchase a phone number for the skype phone, but it doesn't show it to callers, it show a different number. So why should I purchase a phone number again when this one expires.

ledsgg
Novel Tourist
Message 4 of 4 (237 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling