being invisible on skype what does that mean

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Accepted Solution

being invisible on skype what does that mean

Can somebody tell me the different between when it shows you r online and when its shows invisible ? Does the invisible me a ur online but a person can't see it? And if so can I still talk to someone else on Skype witout anoter person knowing it?
Posted from Samsung GT-P7510
g4pilut
Community Ambassador

Accepted Solution

Lglg144 wrote:
 Does the invisible me a ur online but a person can't see it? And if so can I still talk to someone else on Skype witout anoter person knowing it?

The answer(s) are yes and yes.   Invisible means you're online but you show as offline to your contacts.  Even though you show as offline, you can still make calls and send IMs.

If one of your contacts sees you as offline but they send you an IM and it's delivered, they'll be able to tell that you're in fact invisible and not offline.

View solution in original post
Lglg144
Routine Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 32 (62,966 Views)

Re: being invisible on skype what does that mean

Lglg144 wrote:
 Does the invisible me a ur online but a person can't see it? And if so can I still talk to someone else on Skype witout anoter person knowing it?

The answer(s) are yes and yes.   Invisible means you're online but you show as offline to your contacts.  Even though you show as offline, you can still make calls and send IMs.

If one of your contacts sees you as offline but they send you an IM and it's delivered, they'll be able to tell that you're in fact invisible and not offline.

Please note: I do not respond to requests for help via Private Message.
g4pilut
Community Ambassador
Community Ambassador icon
Kudos: 908
Message 2 of 32 (62,964 Views)

Thank you, g4pilut I didn't understand it at all. So if undo send an I'm and it shows as pending then the person is really offline is that correct.
Lglg144
Routine Adventurer
Message 3 of 32 (62,957 Views)

[ Edited ]

Lglg144 wrote:
So if undo send an I'm and it shows as pending then the person is really offline is that correct.

Sorry....I don't understand what you're asking there.  Can you re-state it?

g4pilut
Community Ambassador
Message 4 of 32 (62,948 Views)

I In boxed u the questions
Lglg144
Routine Adventurer
Message 5 of 32 (62,945 Views)

Hello was that OK to do, no disrespect to you just wanted to ask you these questions.
Lglg144
Routine Adventurer
Message 6 of 32 (62,938 Views)

As you can see at the bottom of my posts, I don't handle problems via private message.

If you explain what you were asking in that sentence a little better here I'll be happy to try to answer your question here.

What is it that still isn't clear to you about invisible status?

g4pilut
Community Ambassador
Message 7 of 32 (62,937 Views)

OK sorry,

If you do Send an im to a person that is showing that they are offline and it goes thru then does that mean that they are really online but just invisible?

If you Send an im and the person is showing invisible and the im shows as pending does that mean that the person is really Offline ?
Lglg144
Routine Adventurer
Message 8 of 32 (62,928 Views)

Can you talk to more hen one person at a time but te two parties won't know it?
Lglg144
Routine Adventurer
Message 9 of 32 (62,925 Views)

If you do Send an im to a person that is showing that they are offline and it goes thru then does that mean that they are really online but just invisible?

Yes.   That's correct.

If you Send an im and the person is showing invisible and the im shows as pending does that mean that the person is really Offline ?

Well, invisible and offline status look the same to a person's contacts.  If you send an IM and it shows pending, they are really offline.  If it delivers, they're online but invisible.

Can you talk to more hen one person at a time but te two parties won't know it?

Sure.   If you're invisible you could be having an IM chat with more than one contact and neither contact would know you're chatting with the other.  Of course, even if you're online and chatting with two contacts, neither of them knows your having the chat with the other.

g4pilut
Community Ambassador
Message 10 of 32 (62,914 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling