Re: Unable to verify text phone number

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!

Unable to verify text phone number

Skype says it has sent a verification code to mobile phone but SMS never received. Ordinary SMS mesages go to same mobile phone with no problem. Any ideas?

draculaS
Casual Tourist
Kudos: 1
Message 1 of 5 (594 Views)

Same here! I haven't gotten a text verifying my # even though I have Sprint and my number is the same as normal cell phone #? No verification by standard text message or skpe text! IN FACT it still shows my account as having no credit on phone and tablet although I have a month PAID (offer from skype), will not even consider buying credit unless fixed! Anyone know why? and yes I have asked to resend but no text....... ??????

ndhduz
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 2 of 5 (573 Views)

Same here for me; suddenly my account is unverified and when I try to re-verify it, my phone doesn't receive any message from Skype.

P.
oceanclub
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 2
Message 3 of 5 (566 Views)

Same here. I used to be able to verify my numbers no problem (even in Ecuador and the UK). However, I just got a new US number and I've tried about 4 times to get a code sent and nothing happens.

tnwinn
Casual Tourist
Message 4 of 5 (547 Views)

ditto for me, so what the hell do i DO???????
revilonod1
Novel Tourist
Message 5 of 5 (467 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling