Re: Sms-can people return sms?

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Sms-can people return sms?

Hello, fail to learn why sms cannot be replied to. send out ok but not sms back? cheers
ruevogiatz
Casual Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 13 (6,166 Views)

You can't receive replies directly in Skype, but you can set up your senderID to be your mobile number. So SMS sent from Skype look like been sent from your mobile and if your contact replies you will receive the reply on your mobile. Here are instructions on how to set up the senderID: https://support.skype.com/en-us/faq/FA672/How-do-I-show-my-mobile-number-when-sending-texts-from-Sky...

Keep your Skype up to date
Did my reply answer your question? Accept it as a solution to help others, Thanks.
Claudius
Community Manager
Community Manager icon
Kudos: 13412
Message 2 of 13 (6,162 Views)

thanks for that, i will put it to the test when i get home. cheers!

ruevogiatz
Casual Adventurer
Message 3 of 13 (6,160 Views)

lol, i have mac...and it states to go skype>preferences>messaging then follow the onscreen instructions....alll very good but where is preferences to be found? for the life of me can't see it:sad:

ruevogiatz
Casual Adventurer
Message 4 of 13 (6,155 Views)

lol lol found preferences, but failing to find messaging.....

ruevogiatz
Casual Adventurer
Message 5 of 13 (6,154 Views)

ok managed to find caller ID ....my number is stored and now messages are not being sent ou in the first instance  ...arrggghhh! anyone?

ruevogiatz
Casual Adventurer
Message 6 of 13 (6,150 Views)

:sad: does one need to wait before settings are approved ? set my caller id as my number but still not working...
ruevogiatz
Casual Adventurer
Message 7 of 13 (6,147 Views)

does anyone know how you delete the messages that you can send by SMS on the main skype screen from your computer or laptop.

humpalumpa1
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 1
Message 8 of 13 (6,117 Views)

I am also having trouble with SMS messages. Sending always fails when I want to verify my number so that people can reply to my SMS messages.  They receive them but can't reply. Is there any way to get sending to not fail?  Thank you!

SnobbishJade
Casual Tourist
Message 9 of 13 (6,049 Views)

Your help page on setting your mobile number so it shows on SMS messages sent from Skype says that it doesn't work in Canada and the USA, and that rather a generic number is always displayed, and thus recipients can't reply to an SMS sent from Skype.

Is that correct? (It appears to be, based on my testing.) And if so, WHY???

DanCooperstock
Novel Tourist
Message 10 of 13 (6,016 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling