Skype Wifi App for Android

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Accepted Solution

Skype Wifi App for Android

Is there Skype Wifi application for android?

Claudius
Community Manager

images.message_type_solution.altAccepted Solution

Please leave your feedback for the new Skype WiFi app for Android in this discussion: http://community.skype.com/t5/Skype-WiFi/Skype-WiFi-for-Android-is-out-Your-feedback-is-appreciated/td-p/1432513

View solution in original post
tharmen
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 16
Message 1 of 33 (19,402 Views)

Re: Skype Wifi App for Android

We don't have a Skype WiFi app for Android yet, but it's certainly the next reasonable product expansion. No announcement yet though.

Keep your Skype up to date
Did my reply answer your question? Accept it as a solution to help others, Thanks.
Claudius
Community Manager
Community Manager icon
Kudos: 13472
Message 2 of 33 (19,380 Views)

Why did QVC say that u can skype on the pandigital supernavoa when its an Android and yall dont even have an app for it
Posted from Samsung GT-I9000
msjenjen1981
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 6
Message 3 of 33 (19,356 Views)

Ridiculous this should be done right away.:(n):

haiyai
Casual Tourist
Kudos: 4
Message 4 of 33 (19,214 Views)

Because you can use Skype on Android via a WiFi connection

What Skye for Android can't do is allow you tto roam to a WiFi hotspot and pay for the use vua your Skype account like you can with your laptop or iPhone / iPad

SimonMWatts
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 3
Message 5 of 33 (18,635 Views)

Any new word on this? Mid-June, I am headed to the UK for a 3-week business trip. As a founder in a start-up company, our ability to use this app on our Android phones would be phenomenal.

Thanks1
miles_levy
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 2
Message 6 of 33 (18,535 Views)

I  have  a Samsung Galaxy S 2 with  T - Mobile.

There is an app permitting you to make calls  when you have access to WIFI - either on home network or at a hotspot.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.skype.raider&rdid=com.skype.raider&rdot=1

skidave52

skidave52
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 1
Message 7 of 33 (18,154 Views)

HI,I need help for guiding me to set up my Sprint Android OS 2.3 for SKYPE. I have SKYPE listed in my app screen in my Sprint Android phone. In fact, I have used SKYPE to make calls. But one day I screwed up when I was exiting SKYPE to save memory. I clicked by mistake on ask me to sign in every time I use SKYPE. Then I forgot my password. So I signed up for a new SKYPE account on the phone. Now I have those two accounts. I found the password for the original account, and I would like the second account to be deleted. How can I do that?

In the meantime, when I do sign in on my phone, and use the user name and password for the first account (which has all the contacts on my computer SKYPE), my calls from the Android phone End. In other words they are not connecting even though I am using the original sign in with the original user name and password. This has to be fixed. I just signed up for making free calls at 2.99 a month for 3 months, and it is still not working. I need help for guiding me to set up my Sprint Android for SKYPE.

sucern
Casual Adventurer
Kudos: 3
Message 8 of 33 (18,063 Views)

I 100% agree that a WiFi app for Android is "the next reasonable product expansion". So why is it taking so long? Seing the app has already existed for a long time for iPhones, it can't take months to convert the app to Android, so it is hard to see the delay as anything other than Skype trying to obstruct the use of Android. :(n):

charlesj
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 4
Message 9 of 33 (16,338 Views)

This should've been done by now. It's not a difficult task.
Posted from Samsung GT-I9100
Dezza72
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 7
Message 10 of 33 (16,089 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling