Skype Toolbar causes Google Chrome to crash

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Skype Toolbar causes Google Chrome to crash

Why do I keep getting the message under the address bar in yellow:

Skype Toolbars has caused Google Chrome to crash.

Then I have to reload or refresh the page I am on.  Especially when I am playing games on Chrome.  Is there anyway to get rid of the Toolbars without uninstalling Skype.  I do use it from time to time?  Or had Skype come out with a plug in to stop this?

sheltiemom12
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 20
Message 1 of 45 (100,041 Views)

Re: Skype Toolbar causes Google Chrome to crash

I think you can disable Skpe tool bars in the add/remove programs section of the control panel.  or disable it in Chrome's Options >> Under The Hood >> Content Settings >> Disable Individual Plugins.

IF YOU FOUND OUR POST USEFUL THEN PLEASE GIVE "KUDOS". IF IT HELPED TO FIX YOUR ISSUE PLEASE MARK IT AS A "SOLUTION" TO HELP OTHERS. THANKS!
ALTERNATIVE SKYPE DOWNLOAD LINKS | HOW TO RECORD SKYPE VIDEO CALLS | HOW TO HANDLE SUSPICIOS CALLS AND MESSAGES
SEE MORE TIPS, TRICKS, TUTORIALS AND UPDATES in
| skypefordummies.blogspot.com | 

Primemover
Power User
Kudos: 1649
Message 2 of 45 (100,040 Views)

I get the same thing...and i am at my very very very very last nerve on this. I'm literally pulling my hair out! someone, anyone, HELP!

KusanagiShiro
Casual Adventurer
Kudos: 6
Message 3 of 45 (99,884 Views)

I think I never installed this one. I suppose their reply, if there is some, will be "We are terribly sorry. We'll repair this in next version." But there will be some other bug in that one. Even if not, it will bug you with destroying some pages' layout or falsely accepting some numbers as phone numbers.

Removing this crap is the best thing you can do about Skype. Heck, or even remove skype after you find some other VOIP that actually works and where you can take your friends. Their attitude sucks, at least when it comes to this.

DieToolbarsDie
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 5
Message 4 of 45 (99,684 Views)

Do what primemover says I think that works
Yubadarlin
Casual Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 5 of 45 (99,308 Views)

Skype toolbars is NOT listed separately from Skype under Programs in my computer, but I DID find it in by following the links in Chrome Options described above, and clicked on Disable. I am hoping that will also solve the Shockwave Flash consequent crashes. This has been annoying me for MONTHS, so thanks for the tip, Primemover!!!!!
Ellen22
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 1
Message 6 of 45 (99,055 Views)

i was even having the same problem and i did everything i was asked yet it did not stop crashing.. so i started experimenting .. lolz.. and now it's solved.. i selected chrome's tools and then selected extensions.. there i disabled skype.. hope it will help u guys. 

Shahula
Novel Tourist
Message 7 of 45 (98,831 Views)

Google must have updated Chrome in the past few weeks, because I've been having crashes due to Skype, or general error message (something about downloading an unspecified plug-in) on numerous websites, which messages stopped when I uninstalled Skype for Chrome.
jeffreyrabin
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 1
Message 8 of 45 (97,510 Views)

morrone-paolo
Novel Adventurer
Message 9 of 45 (97,224 Views)

Chi può aiutarmi a risolvere questo problema? Ormai la mia pazienza si sta esaurendo. datemi una mano grazie a chi risponderà

morrone-paolo
Novel Adventurer
Message 10 of 45 (97,223 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling