Re: Skype Toolbar causes Google Chrome to crash

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Hello,

Can you tell us what version of Click to Call, version of Chrome and OS you have?  we'd like to reproduce and help fix this problem if indeed it is a problem. 

Also have you tried upgading to the latest version of C2C http://www.skype.com/intl/en/get-skype/on-your-computer/click-to-call/  if not we highly encourage you to since our latest version works on the latest IE, FF and Chrome browser versions.

Thank

ClickToCallPM
Casual Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 11 of 45 (25,948 Views)

I was holding an important shareholders meeting with top executives from Japan. Just as I was about to deliver the Coup de grâce, you see I always go for the jugler in these meetings. I completely wore EGG on my face and was laughted out of the meeting, AND OUT OF A JOB! The Japanese executives said that their technology is far advanced than ours, and briskly left the building. Now i'm unemployed, homeless, divorced, and eating chicken dinners at the mission. All thanks to one lazy developer who was too pre-occupied looking at the camel toe in front of him.

popeyerayaz
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 2
Message 12 of 45 (25,508 Views)

if you open up chrome and look at the top right of the window you will see the skype symbol. Right click on it and hit "uninstall". after that you should be good.
ryanstrickland6
Novel Tourist
Message 13 of 45 (25,468 Views)

Re: Skype Toolbar cannot be seen

I'm using Skype 5.3, Google Chrome, win7 home. 

I don't see a toolbar, and skype does not show up in Chrome>Options>underthehood>Plugins. 

How do I work without a toolbar, or get it installed?

Vern Taylor

stanleyscribe
Novel Tourist
Message 14 of 45 (25,426 Views)

I had this happen after I installed "One Click Call" but was able to fix it as stated below - many thanks

Jono375
Novel Tourist
Message 15 of 45 (25,396 Views)

Re: Skype Toolbar cannot be seen

I have the same problem.....and it crashed when I was in live chat with the support team.....so no answer there!
LOM
Novel Tourist
Message 16 of 45 (25,080 Views)

can you fix the problem

chew4uhew
Novel Tourist
Message 17 of 45 (24,981 Views)

have chrome 17.0.963.79 beta-m. It is constantly crashing. When it works it is a pleasure, but now it crashes more often than not and is a wonderful time waster. I've been with you from the start and would appreciate a fix or just to not have the "help". You are a godsend from the many places where you are the only communication to my less technical friends. Thanks
fred400202
Novel Tourist
Message 18 of 45 (24,727 Views)

I've simply clicked the wrench while in Chrome, Clicked on Settings, then clicked on 'extension' and I took the checkmark out of the box next to Skype Click To Call. It stopped those crashes and I still have my Skype program on my computer. :happy: Hope this helps. 

katriona_solas
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 1
Message 19 of 45 (23,445 Views)

hi

janingvarnervik
Novel Tourist
Message 20 of 45 (22,296 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling