Skype Click to Call - plugin is unresponsive - ANN...

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!

Skype Click to Call - plugin is unresponsive - ANNOYING

Why do I repeatedly see the message

---------------------------
Plug-in Unresponsive
The following plug-in is unresponsive: Skype Click to Call
Would you like to stop it?
Yes No

slmehl
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 5
Message 1 of 15 (5,357 Views)

Re: Skype Click to Call - plugin is unresponsive - ANNOYING

I do not want to discontinue if i don't have to, but if i do so be it! HELP!
jackiemanon
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 2 of 15 (4,396 Views)

I am also having this issue

and it seems to be causing issues with Google Chrome for me too.

Same error message, but then the pop up via google chrome comes up and ends up crashing. It's getting pretty annoying.
I am very close to uninstalling, but I really prefer that I wouldn't have to, as I have family interstate that I keep in contact with via video calls through Skype.

Please Skype, get your act together and give us a way to fix this!!

EerieDoll
Novel Adventurer
Message 3 of 15 (4,341 Views)

Re: I am also having this issue

Which version of Click to Call Plugin toolbar do you use?

Regards,
Tamim
__________________________________________________________________________________________
Location - Dhaka | Bangladesh - Standard Time Zone: GMT/UTC + 06:00 hour

If one of my replies has adequately addressed your issue, please click on the “Accept as Solution” button. If you found a post useful then please "Give Kudos" at the bottom of my post, so that this information can benefit others.
Tamim
Super Aviator
Kudos: 8200
Message 4 of 15 (4,339 Views)

i see all the problems here that people have with unresponsive plug in ......SO WHRE DO I GO TO FIND OUT HOW TO FIX IT !????????????/  THANKU

gordo5460
Novel Adventurer
Message 5 of 15 (3,086 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hi, gordo5460, and welcome to the Community,

This topic is also being discussed in this thread:

http://community.skype.com/t5/Other-features/click-to-call-not-compatible-with-firefox/td-p/1376946

We have to wait for for Click-to-Call update; is currently not compatible with FireFox 22 or Internet Explorer 10.

Update!  A new release of Click-to-Call was issued on 16 August 2013, and it works on updated FF and IE.  I also understand Click-to-Call is working on the Safari browser.  Remember to enable the Click-to-Call add-on as this step is easily overlooked.

Regards,

Elaine

__________________________________________________________________________________________________
If a reply answered your question, please click on the "Accept as Solution" button so others following in your footsteps can find what works! If anyone helped you, you can show your appreciation and thanks by clicking on the "Kudos" button!

Good reads: Devise good passwords, stop password attacks
and basic rules for online safety.
One more! David Pogue's How To Get Hacked in 5 Exciting Steps.
Please review and consider ... Benefits of frequent upgrading
Please, send Private Messages only upon request.
Elaine
Moderator icon
Kudos: 1292
Message 6 of 15 (3,083 Views)

plug in click to call causes unresponsive of commands, and always adviced to stop it. please help.

dcv56
Novel Tourist
Message 7 of 15 (2,823 Views)

Hi, DCV56, and welcome to the Community,

My post, above, is outdated!  A new release of Click-to-Call ("C2C")was issued on 16 August 2013, and I think another small update was subsequently issued sometime thereafter.  I am running C2C on my updated IE 10 and FireFox browsers without problems.  The trick is to enable C2C after you have downloaded and installed the add-on.

Skype is aware of remaining issues with C2C and Chrome.

When you state C2C is unresponsive, can you please post back with more details as to what occurs and when?  Do any error messages appear?

Regards,

Elaine

__________________________________________________________________________________________________
If a reply answered your question, please click on the "Accept as Solution" button so others following in your footsteps can find what works! If anyone helped you, you can show your appreciation and thanks by clicking on the "Kudos" button!

Elaine
Moderator icon
Message 8 of 15 (2,730 Views)

Elaine sorry but it is not fixed. My chrome is crashing about 15 times in 8 hours and always I get the same message and the browser starts working only after I press yes. 
Then when I am refreshing the page in random time there it goes again. Freezes. I am almosta at the point of throwing my laptop at the wall....
Tried to diseble it from crome extentions but guess what..... I AM NOT ALLOWED TO DO SO BECAUSE IT IS INSTALLED BY ENTERPRISE POLICY..... :surprised:
Sorry but I belived that I choose what I want to do with my browser and personilize it. 
I tried also right click on the skype symbol. Guess what again. 
remove from crome is not an option, unistall is not there, and only the manage button is pressable which sents me back to what I described above.... 

Hannibal_
Novel Tourist
Message 9 of 15 (2,701 Views)

Hi, Hannibal, and welcome to the Community!

My chrome is crashing about 15 times in 8 hours...

As I noted, above, Skype is aware of remaining issues with C2C and Chrome.  :sad:

Kind regards,

Elaine

Elaine
Moderator icon
Message 10 of 15 (2,694 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling