Re: SMS to Kazakhstan Never Works

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

SMS to Kazakhstan Never Works

Something happened to Skype about 2 years ago. Since then it has been impossible to send sms to Kazakhstan mobiles.  Skype now insists that the numbers are Russian ones because of the common country code (+7).  I have had response from Skype technical support in the past but they didn't find a real solution.   Has anyone found a way round this problem? 

JB52
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 5 (439 Views)

Hello:

I have been texting my wife in Almaty for years... Just today I have had a problem. none of my text messages are going threw... It is a Beeline Number not K-Cell.

flyboy
Casual Tourist
Message 2 of 5 (420 Views)

I was able to text all the time few weeks ago and now it just stopped working, I cant text there no more and Its been driving me nuts.

animal9412
Casual Adventurer
Message 3 of 5 (392 Views)

Was anyone abke to sort this out?

I am working for a telecomunication company and we are looking to establish a contact with a skype representative or other to add Kazakstan Country code for landlines to the Skype list.

Have you noticed it being absent?

Any help or information would be greatly apriciated.

Thanks!

Ms. Lux

MissLux
Novel Adventurer
Message 4 of 5 (294 Views)

No, it is still not working.  In fact I have just tested it again by trying to send myself a text message; I am in Kaz at present.  However, I can phone Kaz phones, both land-line and mobile.  It is only the sms that doesn't work.

JB52
Novel Adventurer
Message 5 of 5 (290 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling