SMS photos?

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

SMS photos?

Is it possible to send a photo or any attachment with an SMS message?

PM123
Casual Adventurer
Kudos: 6
Message 1 of 4 (767 Views)

Re: SMS photos?

I want to know the same thing.

ouivalerie
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 2 of 4 (447 Views)

is it possible to attach a photo to a SMS

sansie
Casual Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 3 of 4 (233 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hi, Sansie,

I tested sending an SMS, and the text message transmitted through.  A few minutes later, Elaine SMS: Delivered was displayed in the instant messate chat box above the message I sent to the persons' mobile phone.

According to this FAQ article,

https://support.skype.com/en/faq/FA3591/sending-sms-text-messages-windows-desktop

You can send SMS text messages to any text-enabled number (that is, most mobiles, and some landlines), or to a Skype contact who has one of these numbers saved in their profile. All you need is a little Skype Credit.

By omission of "picture," or "photo," and that SMS service is text messages, I would surmise sending a file would not work.   I tried to send a photo, and the image just kept waiting and waiting and waiting -- nothing happened.  I finally cancelled the file transfer after several minutes.  I'm thinking the system could not figure out what to do with this file, as it had no characters associated with it. 

Update: I tested sending a photo again via SMS; the recipient received my "I am sending a photo" SMS alert, and saw no indication that a photo was on its way, such as we would see an incoming file transfer.  The recipient saw no indication or notification of an inbound photo, and on my side, as the sender,  the file was waiting.  After five minutes, I cancelled the send.

Regards,

Elaine

__________________________________________________________________________________________________
Was your question answered? Please click on the Accept as a Solution link so everyone can quickly find what works! Like a post or want to say, "Thank You" - ?? Click on the Kudos button!

Update! :happy:  In my instruction on how to contact Skype Customer Service , the blue "Send" button has been replaced with a green Next button; to file a request via e-mail, click "Send."

Trustworthy information: Brian Krebs: 3 Basic Rules for Online Safety and Consumer Reports: Guide to Internet Security

Online Safety Tip: Do not accept contact invitations from anyone whom you do not know.

Do you have a Skype trick up your sleeve?  Share your Solutions and Tips with us!

Elaine
Moderator icon
Kudos: 1745
Message 4 of 4 (177 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling