SMS not delivered to Thailand....but Skype still c...

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

SMS not delivered to Thailand....but Skype still charges you for the SMS.

Hi!

Anyone had the same expirence lately? I can't send SMS to Thai phonenumbers lately, i tried several different numbers, with no luck - if i test with a Danish phone the text get through, no problem.

I've tried with several numbers including my own Thainumber, currently roming in Denmark - no luck eighter.

Anyone with same expirence or a solution, update from Skype...anything?

I've tried with Skype for Windows, OS X, iOS 5 and Android....nothing get's through. But calling works fine.

/A Dane living in Thailand.

cjacobsendk
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 12 (1,021 Views)

Re: SMS not delivered to Thailand....but Skype still charges you for the SMS.

I am having a similar issue.  I am in peru, but live in the USA.   I have had no problems till tuesday when it started rejecting and failing any messages sent to my GF's cell phone in peru. 

I can hotwever call her with no issues,  and i can message friends in the USA with no issues.  They need to fix this,  it is the only reason i use skype really.  I am about to buy her a iphone and just use imessage and facetime and be done with skype

tim4g63fast
Novel Adventurer
Message 2 of 12 (1,008 Views)

Hi!

I have same problem!

maku1974
Novel Adventurer
Message 3 of 12 (1,004 Views)

I have a girlfriend in Thailand and I'm in the USA.  My SMS have been going through fine and they must be going through quickly as I have been getting her responses quickly.

Anyone know if you buy an online number if you can receive SMS that are sent to that number?  I assume you can but I can't find anything confirming this.

woodenspoon
Novel Adventurer
Message 4 of 12 (994 Views)

I have the same problem, my friend in ukarine can not receive SMS from me, the Danish telephone numbering no problem, what's wrong, have tried everything ?????
hongo58
Novel Tourist
Message 5 of 12 (979 Views)

[ Edited ]

I have the same problem sending sms to thailand.

I have updated the software and that's when the problems started. :(n):

Skype wants me to check the number, but nothing is wrong. Same number

as when i could send sms.

clausboedker
Casual Tourist
Message 6 of 12 (963 Views)

I can not get thru on the phone to a Thailand number, and maybe the SMS is not being seen either. Last video I got was 11 March 12 @17:00 That worked well. Since then I can not get any connection, phone or video. I keep getting a network error message on the phone and no video shows at all
Rick_H69
Casual Tourist
Message 7 of 12 (948 Views)

I have made the same experience form Germany to Thailand and it is not only Thailand, it's also Lao. The problem coming up after the last upgrade.
michael_hering
Novel Tourist
Message 8 of 12 (846 Views)

Re: SMS not delivered to Thailand..But Skype still charges you for the SMS.

Has any one had this problem and is it still happening. I have sent 3 SMS messages daily now all of a sudden it is not being delivered. They can rec from Google, yahoo and my cell but not from skype. Do they want me to subscribe to get a support person. I am a account but I am not subscribing. Also androids for skype I can type the message but there is no way to send the message.

frankieg
Routine Adventurer
Kudos: 15
Message 9 of 12 (807 Views)

Yes i to send SMS to Thailand and not getting there but charged and say it is delivered . Which can cause some problems for me with the other party. I think I need to stop using this SMS of Skype . Big problem. How do you talk to the people at Skype ?????

williamsri
Novel Tourist
Message 10 of 12 (701 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling