Re: Receiving SMS Text messages

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Receiving SMS Text messages

I have figured out how to send an SMS text, but when they reply back I do not get their response.  What do I need to do to send and receive texts.

Thanks,

adw_55355
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 12
Message 1 of 14 (80,024 Views)

You can't receive SMS replies directly within Skype. But you can setup your Skype sent SMS that way that they appear to be sent from your mobile. SMS replies will then reach you on your mobile phone. Information on how to set this up here: https://support.skype.com/en/faq/FA672/How-do-I-show-my-mobile-number-when-sending-SMS-messages-from...

Keep your Skype up to date
Did my reply answer your question? Accept it as a solution to help others, Thanks.
Claudius
Community Manager
Community Manager icon
Kudos: 14210
Message 2 of 14 (79,997 Views)

I did the whole thing (Verify number etc.)
But tonight I found out I never got any of the responses(on my phone) I was suppose to get... I don't know why this is?? I hope you can help me cause I don't like it al all that I'll never get to read the texts someone sended to me:sad:

mirjamgrim
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 6
Message 3 of 14 (79,964 Views)

I did the whole thing (Verify number etc.)
But tonight I found out I never got any of the responses(on my phone) I was suppose to get... I don't know why this is?? I hope you can help me cause I don't like it al all that I'll never get to read the texts someone sended to me

mirjamgrim
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 6
Message 4 of 14 (79,963 Views)

is there anyway that we can receive them direct to skype ?

shammySK
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 10
Message 5 of 14 (79,944 Views)

Im deployed and without a cell phone I thought I was paying so I could send and receive SMS text messages. If you ask me its BS that I can not get the text!

travis9189
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 27
Message 6 of 14 (79,707 Views)

How does the number show up and will it work if the one I am texting is on the phone with someone else?
Mindyloo
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 2
Message 7 of 14 (79,576 Views)

I mean on the bill. Like when I do hange it to my number. Is it still from skype or my number.
Mindyloo
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 2
Message 8 of 14 (79,575 Views)

[ Edited ]

I agree this is [edited for inappropriate language], I paid for skype specifically so that I could send and receive text messages. If I just wanted to send them I would have used one of the free sms text sending sites.

elienos
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 24
Message 9 of 14 (78,636 Views)

So wait. I just went to check out SMS on skype before buying some credits. It says nothing about not receiving texts, which is what I need it for, so I buy some credits. Now I find out when I try to send a text I can't receive the reply? You need to make that clear from the beginning.

garrettpalm
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 32
Message 10 of 14 (42,820 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling