Re: No Click to Call button in Sage CRM access via...

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

No Click to Call button in Sage CRM access via HTTPS

Hi Skypers,

A user of our CRM system has Skype installed on her PC. If she accesses the system internally she uses a URL like this:

http://servername/crm/eware.dll/go

If she is working from home or on the road, she uses another URL:

https://crm.company.com.au/crm

This external URL uses an SSL certificate, redirection and port-forwarding to allow external access to the CRM.

Skype works fine when the CRM is accessed internally, but when the HTTPS URL is used the Skype button (the Click2Call button?) does not appear in the CRM system.

Here's the piccies for the more visual people among us.

skypeButton.jpg

There's the Skype button (above)

NOskypeButton.jpg

And the same system loaded on the same PC but using the external URL, has NO Skype button (above).

The CRM is Sage CRM 6.2.f.1.

Can anyone please shed some light on how to get Skype to work when the HTTPS URL is used to load CRM? Is it a proxy setting? Could it be I need a firewall rule?

Thanks,

Heavy Buddha

heavybuddha
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 2 (623 Views)

Re: No Click to Call button in Sage CRM access via HTTPS

Thanks for reporting. First i suspected that addons are not allowed to manipulate content in HTTPS pages (for security and integrity reasons). But I just verified accessing several HTTPS in IE9 and Chrome browser that it's actually working.
Can you try upgrading the Internet Explorer to IE9?

Keep your Skype up to date
Did my reply answer your question? Accept it as a solution to help others, Thanks.
Claudius
Community Manager
Community Manager icon
Kudos: 13566
Message 2 of 2 (604 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling