How to remove Skype from Outlook.com?

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Accepted Solution

How to remove Skype from Outlook.com?

I want to remove my Skype from my outlook.com account. Whenever I want to just check my email, it automatically signs me into Skype with no way for me to sign out.

I don't want this, I want it removed. I keep my emails open 24/7 to check them, I don't want to be on Skype 24/7. How can I sign out of or remove the Skype connection with Outlook.com?

Helper22
Novel Tourist

images.message_type_solution.altAccepted Solution

To remove it do the following: 1) Go to Skype.com 2) Login with your Skype ID and password. 3) My account Page will open, there, click on Account settings. 4) In this page, you will find your Skype Name & under it the Microsoft account. 5) Click on Unlink in the Microsoft account and confirm it. Then you will get rid of Skype login every time you check your emails on Outlook. Have a happy new year. Ahmad

https://support.skype.com/en/faq/FA12211/how-do-i-unlink-my-skype-and-microsoft-or-facebook-accounts

View solution in original post
Dvalkass
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 26
Message 1 of 27 (32,410 Views)

Re: How to remove Skype from Outlook.com?

i need this too somebody please help

nickmathews
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 2 of 27 (32,222 Views)

This is a major privacy issue, I cannot believe there is no way to turn this off.

patrickrunkle
Novel Tourist
Message 3 of 27 (32,121 Views)

Click on your account picture on top right on www.outlook.com

You will have the option to change your status to "invisible" there and won't be shown online to your Skype contacts.

Keep your Skype up to date
Did my reply answer your question? Accept it as a solution to help others, Thanks.
Claudius
Community Manager
Community Manager icon
Kudos: 13471
Message 4 of 27 (32,074 Views)

This is so annoying, i dont want to login on skype every time i go check my emails
please, make a option where ask if i want to log automatically or not...

or anything like this...

Divinothy
Casual Tourist
Message 5 of 27 (31,803 Views)

Just log out if Skype, and if that does not work, disable the Skype sddin for outlook. :happy:
Posted from Nokia Lumia 900
AhmedabadFCA
Novel Adventurer
Message 6 of 27 (31,716 Views)

[ Edited ]

To remove it do the following: 1) Go to Skype.com 2) Login with your Skype ID and password. 3) My account Page will open, there, click on Account settings. 4) In this page, you will find your Skype Name & under it the Microsoft account. 5) Click on Unlink in the Microsoft account and confirm it. Then you will get rid of Skype login every time you check your emails on Outlook. Have a happy new year. Ahmad

https://support.skype.com/en/faq/FA12211/how-do-i-unlink-my-skype-and-microsoft-or-facebook-accounts

Helper22
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 16
Message 7 of 27 (30,748 Views)

Thanks man , worked :cool:

Ghost1807
Casual Adventurer
Message 8 of 27 (30,548 Views)

Thank you, Helper22, for providing the detailed instructions!  :(y):

Marked as the "solution" so others can quickly find the assistance you provided.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________
Was your question answered? Please click on the Accept as a Solution link so everyone can quickly find what works! Like a post or want to say, "Thank You" - ?? Click on the Kudos button!

Please note:   To remove (delete) a Skype Account, you must contact Skype Customer Service directly. We here in the Community cannot process account-related service requests.

Trustworthy information: Brian Krebs: 3 Basic Rules for Online Safety and Consumer Reports: Guide to Internet Security

Online Safety Tips: Do not accept contact invitations from anyone whom you do not know, and change your passwords regularly and often.

Do you have a Skype trick up your sleeve?  Share your Solutions and Tips with us!

Elaine
Moderator icon
Kudos: 1942
Message 9 of 27 (30,348 Views)

Sorry Microsoft but You are so pain in the A** lately.

anirudh7
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 1
Message 10 of 27 (29,152 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling