How to disable Skype's telephony features

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

How to disable Skype's telephony features

I am a skype user and a user of a corporate CTI application. Since installing skype, skype has hijacked all callto: links. this means that the corporate CTI application now has limited use, as it never gets the callto: action

Skype has also replaced the right-click context menu for all callto: links. This means I can't copy the phone number and paste it into the CTI application.

Skype Click-to-call is uninstalled.

I would really like Skype to be my IM and not invade everything else. Is this possible?

andyrnicholson
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 1
Message 1 of 4 (573 Views)

Re: How to disable Skype's telephony features

I have the same problem as well. It's very annoying.
jay370gt
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 2 of 4 (208 Views)

Hi, Jay370gt, adn welcome to the Community!

Please check that these settings are also un-ticked:

Tools -> Options -> Adcanced -> Use Skype to Call To Links on the Web -> Save.

That should do it!

Kind regards,

Elaine

__________________________________________________________________________________________________
Was your question answered? Please click on the Accept as a Solution link so everyone can quickly find what works! Like a post or want to say, "Thank You" - ?? Click on the Kudos button!

Please note:   To remove (delete) a Skype Account, you must contact Skype Customer Service directly. We here in the Community cannot process account-related service requests.

Trustworthy information: Brian Krebs: 3 Basic Rules for Online Safety and Consumer Reports: Guide to Internet Security

Online Safety Tips: Do not accept contact invitations from anyone whom you do not know, and change your passwords regularly and often.

Do you have a Skype trick up your sleeve?  Share your Solutions and Tips with us!

Elaine
Moderator icon
Kudos: 1967
Message 3 of 4 (193 Views)

I'm having a similar issue, Skype has turned all my telephone links on my website into Skype links. 

I have no "Tools"...."Advanced" option to get to the previous posters suggestions. My advanced ption is under Preferences and there's nothing in any of the tables or options relating to the web. I'm on the most recent version of Skype.

Anyone know what I can do to turn off the Skype links?

FrustratedSF
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 4 of 4 (137 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling