How to change Skype name?

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Accepted Solution

How to change Skype name?

Hi there,

I would like to know how to change my Skype name.  I created this account a long ago with a novelty name, and recently started using it after upgrading to broadband.  However, it's now causing confusion amongst friends on Skype, as the novelty name is in no way related to my real name.  They look at the name and wonder, who is this on my contact list, or who is this trying to add me as a contact?  I don't want to delete this account and have to create another one, as I have credit assigned to it.  Thanks.

Deborah

ruwim
Community Ambassador

Accepted Solution

There is no way to change your Skype name. Once created, it's forever. However, you can change your display name, i.e. your Full Name.

View solution in original post
hazeydawn
Novel Adventurer

Accepted Solution

Thanks ruwin! How do I change my display name so that it shows as "Firstname Lastname" on people's contact lists rather than "hazeydawn"? I may be overlooking the obvious, but I can't see a 'change display name' option anywhere under profile editing options. Thanks again.

Deborah
View solution in original post
hazeydawn
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 16
Message 1 of 4 (52,027 Views)

Re: How to change Skype name?

There is no way to change your Skype name. Once created, it's forever. However, you can change your display name, i.e. your Full Name.

ruwim
Community Ambassador
Community Ambassador icon
Kudos: 6064
Message 2 of 4 (52,014 Views)

Thanks ruwin! How do I change my display name so that it shows as "Firstname Lastname" on people's contact lists rather than "hazeydawn"? I may be overlooking the obvious, but I can't see a 'change display name' option anywhere under profile editing options. Thanks again.

Deborah
hazeydawn
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 16
Message 3 of 4 (52,004 Views)

[ Edited ]

If you are on Windows, then your display name is your Full name, which you should see in Profile next to your profile picture. Right now I can see that you have entered there Deborah B[****].

Name annotated to maintain confidentiality.

ruwim
Community Ambassador
Community Ambassador icon
Kudos: 6064
Message 4 of 4 (51,995 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling