How to Disable or Remove the Click and Call Functi...

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Re: How to Disable or Remove the Click and Call Function

I tried the Click to Call update as per your link, rebooted and STILL no improvement on this Cut and Paste debacle.
Please use plain text.
Ankemala
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 21 of 93 (4,124 Views)

So I have the reverse issue.

Have unlimited calling credit, installed click-to-call, and now cannot get the icon to appear in IE 9.

Any suggestions?  Checked the Add-In management and says it is enabled.

Please use plain text.
ericboucher2
Novel Adventurer
Message 22 of 93 (4,079 Views)

[ Edited ]

Just had this, but have uninstalled successfully in Google Chrome & Windows 7 (x64).

1. Uninstall within Chrome by right clicking on Click to Call button and choose remove from chrome (uninstall).

2. Close Browser window(s)

3. Open task manager and look for the process chrome.exe and right click on that and choose end process.

4. Go to Control panel add/remove progs & features and uninstall Click to call.

The key here was that Chrome was still running in the background. If IE/Firefox users have the same issue then Task Manager/Processes seems to be the key in *really* closing the program.

Capture.JPG

As a side note this software intrusion doesn't happen on my Mac or Chromebook only on (surprise) Windows :(n):

Please use plain text.
Studio_Muppet
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 62
Message 23 of 93 (4,025 Views)

thanks primemover for the fast reply, do you also do development ?

Please use plain text.
trikkie
Novel Adventurer
Message 24 of 93 (3,985 Views)

Hey everyone I tried to remove the click to call for skype and it wouldnt go so I found this link here on the skype fourm and it worked for me http://support.microsoft.com/mats/Program_Install_and_Uninstall this is a mcrosoft tool that is used to remove hard to remove programs and it really worked for me after spending hours of my time trying to remove this thing. You think that skype would fix this problem! I hate the click to call feature but like skype it's self...anyways this should work for you guys it takes a bit but is much better than doing every thing and not getting no where.

Please use plain text.
kool19822
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 1
Message 25 of 93 (3,931 Views)

I have the same problem, this plugin is terrible, whoever designed it should be ashamed of themselves, pain in the ###
Please use plain text.
hooder12
Novel Tourist
Message 26 of 93 (3,870 Views)

I have already tried using the control panel to remove skype "click to call" but the remove process hangs up on "gathering required information" and will sit there forever and not remove the software.  I have no problems removing other unwanted software, but this add-on is stubborn!  Skype doesn't seem to offer an option to not have it automatically install each time there is an update to Skype.  I have not found it adds any functionality to my computer or browsing.

Click to call continually causes problems on my computer.   I have win 7, all latest updates, and use Chrome, Fiefox and IE for various browsing.

I would appreciate advice on how to remove it, and how to keep it from installing.  

Please use plain text.
smaschue
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 2
Message 27 of 93 (3,643 Views)

I uninstalled google chrome, from the control panel as it asks you to close chrome windows (whether you have a chrome browser open or not) Then from the control panel again click "uninstall skype click to call". This way it quickly gathers the information it needs to complete the uninstallation.
Please use plain text.
dalan63
Casual Tourist
Message 28 of 93 (3,567 Views)

This suggestion does NOT work. It is after clicking remove that we get the messsage to close all Chrome Windows. We don't even have Chrome, so how do we get rid of Skype altogether....?

Please use plain text.
arrohead
Casual Adventurer
Message 29 of 93 (3,529 Views)

I did dump Skype "altogether," however, it won't uninstall Skype Call it.This irritating invasion should be considered an assault and therefore an invitation to a rather large class action suit agasint the company for damages.

Please use plain text.
arrohead
Casual Adventurer
Message 30 of 93 (3,523 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling