How to Disable or Remove the Click and Call Functi...

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Re: How to Disable or Remove the Click and Call Function

It will not allow me to uninstall, everytime i go to uninstall, it tries to but comes up with error 2738, i have tried all of the registry things on command prompt and it is really annoying me how i cannot uninstall it from my computer, I feel like throwing this piece of **bleep** out of my window, it is unreal how long i have tried to fix this, looking through many feeds and all i get back is the same things that don't work.

I am running Windows 7 32-bit
I use safari, but i have internet explorer enabled.

Phluxoride
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 3
Message 11 of 93 (11,566 Views)

[ Edited ]

In Skype version 5.8.0.158, here is How to Disable or Remove the Click and Call Function:

Tools -> Options -> Advanced -> uncheck Use Skype to call to: links on the web -> Save.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________
Was your question answered? Please click on the Accept as a Solution link so everyone can quickly find what works! Like a post or want to say, "Thank You" - ?? Click on the Kudos button!

Please note:   To remove (delete) a Skype Account, you must contact Skype Customer Service directly. We here in the Community cannot process account-related service requests.

Trustworthy information: Brian Krebs: 3 Basic Rules for Online Safety and Consumer Reports: Guide to Internet Security

Online Safety Tips: Do not accept contact invitations from anyone whom you do not know, and change your passwords regularly and often.

Do you have a Skype trick up your sleeve?  Share your Solutions and Tips with us!

Elaine
Moderator icon
Kudos: 1900
Message 12 of 93 (11,558 Views)

[ Edited ]
The 2738 error means that VBScript is not working on your Windows system. VBScript is used for installing/uninstalling of the Click-to-Call add-on. You can try the methods suggested here:

http://community.skype.com/t5/Windows/Error-2738/m-p/332010#M28693
ruwim
Community Ambassador
Community Ambassador icon
Kudos: 6303
Message 13 of 93 (11,549 Views)

I've got XP Pro on my machine and couldn't get through an 'Internal Error 2738' message to uninstall the "Click to Call with Skype" plugin until I did the following:

1. Click Start > Run

2. Type regsvr32 vbscript.dll

After that it worked.  This fix was taken off the following website:

technipages.com/internal-error-2738-install-error-fix.html

bbh
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 14 of 93 (11,500 Views)

Hi as per previous questioner I cannot remove the click to call icon from my firefox toolbar.  I have tried to uninstall from the icon and have tried to uninstall from control panel.  Click to call is uninstalled, but I still have the damned icon.  Have tried to reinstall and uninstall the whole issue, but the icon wont budge, anybody got any ideas.  This icon has attached itself to my bookmarks toolbar and sits there taking up a whole row to itsself, which is pretty annoying when I am only working on a small screen.  Thanks

stu888_uk
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 2
Message 15 of 93 (11,365 Views)

I did the uninstall. No more problems after that! Thanks!
dawnsmom71
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 1
Message 16 of 93 (11,264 Views)

Dear Skype,

I am disappointed that you failed to understand that this feature does not limit its usability within skype programs and services. This feature is getting in conflict outside of skype program.
I developed a couple of web pages and and I had to make photos of telephone numbers so that I can build my own web design and stop skype from ruining it...
If anybody knows a way to code a web page so that the number appears right (eg 07901 286 482) and doesn't transform in a skype button please let me know and others know.

Regards,
Marius
enigma86d
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 2
Message 17 of 93 (10,803 Views)

I had to uninstall Skype Click-To-Call because after the last update, all Microsoft products copy/paste was broken, allowing only pasting of Unicode Text. As a programmer, this is serious really bad programmings and aweful beta testing and quality control. How many millions of people are affected by this? Priority one bug fix should be initiated and rolled out asap.

BISability
Novel Tourist
Message 18 of 93 (10,570 Views)

[ Edited ]

BISability wrote:

I had to uninstall Skype Click-To-Call because after the last update, all Microsoft products copy/paste was broken, allowing only pasting of Unicode Text. As a programmer, this is serious really bad programmings and aweful beta testing and quality control. How many millions of people are affected by this? Priority one bug fix should be initiated and rolled out asap.

the following was posted at skype.com back in April

http://blogs.skype.com/garage/2012/04/skype_click_to_call_fix_for_of.html

plus there is now an even later release

http://www.skype.com/intl/en-us/get-skype/on-your-computer/click-to-call/windows/

Regards,
Neil
Neil
Super Adventurer
Kudos: 270
Message 19 of 93 (10,566 Views)

Thanks I hope that next time skype upgrades itself these settings are kept. Peter NSW Australia
newcopia
Novel Adventurer
Message 20 of 93 (10,551 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling