How to Disable or Remove the Click and Call Functi...

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

How to Disable or Remove the Click and Call Function

The Skype Click and Call function highlights phone and contact numbers on webpages and emails, and a Skype call can be executed by simply clicking the highlighted number.

The easiest way to disable this is to remove or uninstall the Click to Call with Skype plugin, via Control Panel's Add/Remove or Uninstall Program function.

remove clickcall.png

Click and Call feature can also be deactivated by disabling or removing the plugin through your browsers' manage add-ons/plugins options (actual procedure varies according the the browser type).

Moreover, to re-enable this function, just download and install the Click and Call plugin again;

Download Skype’s Click and Call plug-in

IF YOU FOUND OUR POST USEFUL THEN PLEASE GIVE "KUDOS". IF IT HELPED TO FIX YOUR ISSUE PLEASE MARK IT AS A "SOLUTION" TO HELP OTHERS. THANKS!
ALTERNATIVE SKYPE DOWNLOAD LINKS | HOW TO RECORD SKYPE VIDEO CALLS | HOW TO HANDLE SUSPICIOS CALLS AND MESSAGES
SEE MORE TIPS, TRICKS, TUTORIALS AND UPDATES in
| skypefordummies.blogspot.com | 

Primemover
Power User
Kudos: 1558
Message 1 of 91 (133,002 Views)

Re: How to Disable or Remove the Click and Call Function

I have figured this out already, but it does not provide me any assurance for the future updates.
Where can I disable the automatic Skype update? 

Leg_med
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 4
Message 2 of 91 (132,915 Views)

You can't. Starting with version 5, updates are silent and forced...

bluewind95
Reliable Adventurer
Kudos: 2
Message 3 of 91 (132,909 Views)

Leg_med wrote:

I have figured this out already, but it does not provide me any assurance for the future updates.
Where can I disable the automatic Skype update? 

Hi Leg_med, please check the responses in your post in the other thread;

http://community.skype.com/t5/Windows/Auto-upgrade-5-50-113-install-browser-extensions-without-warni...

IF YOU FOUND OUR POST USEFUL THEN PLEASE GIVE "KUDOS". IF IT HELPED TO FIX YOUR ISSUE PLEASE MARK IT AS A "SOLUTION" TO HELP OTHERS. THANKS!
ALTERNATIVE SKYPE DOWNLOAD LINKS | HOW TO RECORD SKYPE VIDEO CALLS | HOW TO HANDLE SUSPICIOS CALLS AND MESSAGES
SEE MORE TIPS, TRICKS, TUTORIALS AND UPDATES in
| skypefordummies.blogspot.com | 

Primemover
Power User
Kudos: 1558
Message 4 of 91 (132,907 Views)

Doesn't work!

proflewis
Novel Adventurer
Message 5 of 91 (128,933 Views)

this DOES NOT WORK. I followed every step given by support and got nowhere. I am ready to dump skype altogether.

silvermanlaura
Novel Tourist
Message 6 of 91 (128,906 Views)

I actually used  the Control Panel Add/Remove software tool to get rid of it. Really simple after you pointed me in the right direction. Many thanks.

arbyinatwater
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 1
Message 7 of 91 (128,033 Views)

I am a non-technical computer user and don't understand why everytime I acept an update from skype they have the impertinence to change, uninvited, the way phone numbers in my non-Skype contacts lists and emails are displayed. I do not want this to happen and I want to get rid of it. Can any one tell me, simply, how to undo it. And how can I contact the invisible army at Skype to protest and ask them to stop doing it?  

Thanks for reading this and thankess even more for a solution.

jonathanwh
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 8 of 91 (127,349 Views)

Doesn't show on my w'xp add/remove, but all phone numbers have Skype highlighting. What else will delete it?

thanks,

sharpdan
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 2
Message 9 of 91 (126,554 Views)

Thanks for this assistance.

Now here is a message to Skype. Some of us DON'T LIKE THIS. Actually, this nasty little function embedded itself in some simple web pages I have to do for my job (online teaching).

This, alone, has made me start to think about uninstalling Skype, which is so useful in other ways.

Guys: This is the 21C. People DON'T LIKE having their lives invaded, their computers taken over, etc etc. GET IT??

Phil (Brisbane, Australia)

griffithsphil
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 11
Message 10 of 91 (125,646 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling