How do I add a contact? There is no "add contact" ...

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!

How do I add a contact? There is no "add contact" on my Skype page

[ Edited ]

Do I have to pay to use Skype wifi? I can't register a contact on my Skype page.

NewYorkCity1
Casual Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 2 (148 Views)

Re: How do I add a contact? There is no "add contact" on my Skype page

Hi, NewYorkCity1, and welcome to the Community,

The only time you would need to use Skype WiFi is times when you require internet access, and have to pay for it.  Skype WiFi offers a convenient add-on to you can pay for WiFi access using your Skype credit.  An airport lounge would be a perfect example of this.  More details here:

http://www.skype.com/en/features/skype-wifi/

When you mention adding a contact on your Skype page, are you referring to your Contacts list?  It sounds like you are trying to add a contact to your Account details - an often overlooked next step is to download and install the software on your computer or the app on your mobile device.  Here is a link to the software download: Download Skype

Best regards,

Elaine

__________________________________________________________________________________________________
If a reply answered your question, please click on the "Accept as Solution" button so others following in your footsteps can find what works! If anyone helped you, you can show your appreciation and thanks by clicking on the "Kudos" button!

Good reads: Devise good passwords, stop password attacks
and basic rules for online safety.
One more! David Pogue's How To Get Hacked in 5 Exciting Steps.
Please review and consider ... Benefits of frequent upgrading
Please, send Private Messages only upon request.
Elaine
Moderator icon
Kudos: 1288
Message 2 of 2 (144 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling