Forgot password didn`t recognise my email

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

[ Edited ]

I `ve installed new windows. I didn`t remember my skype password.

I tried "forgot password" and entered my email. My email wasn`t recognised.

After trying a few times i registered a new account with the same email.

I then searched by email and my older account was found and with the same email.

I tried to recover my password again but i am only getting password reset for my new account and not for my older one. So how do i reset the password for my older acc or whom should i write for help?

liwzy
Casual Adventurer
Kudos: 3
Message 1 of 26 (4,427 Views)

Re: Forgot password didn`t recognise my email

[ Edited ]

If your original account has a billing or purchase history in the last 6 months, you can request for a new password without the need of the email address registered in it.  If your original account has also been inactive for quite a while, it may be possible that it has been temporarily deactivated (but not deleted by Skype,and this is just a assumption), I think in such cases, you may need to contact customer service, links pasted below;

-support.skype.com/support_selection (login required)
-support.skype.com/support_request (no login required)
-email: contactus@skype.net

And to possibly avoid further inconvenience or confusion, I suggest that you change the email address you registered in your new account to something else.  :happy:

IF YOU FOUND OUR POST USEFUL THEN PLEASE GIVE "KUDOS". IF IT HELPED TO FIX YOUR ISSUE PLEASE MARK IT AS A "SOLUTION" TO HELP OTHERS. THANKS!
ALTERNATIVE SKYPE DOWNLOAD LINKS | HOW TO RECORD SKYPE VIDEO CALLS | HOW TO HANDLE SUSPICIOS CALLS AND MESSAGES
SEE MORE TIPS, TRICKS, TUTORIALS AND UPDATES in
| skypefordummies.blogspot.com | 

Primemover
Power User
Kudos: 1594
Message 2 of 26 (4,425 Views)

[ Edited ]

thanks for the suggestions, my account was active and i can see both accounts when searching by email. i have no purchases  so i `ll send request for help and wait..probably forever :womanindifferent:

p.s i`ve changed the email but am still receiving password token only for the new account instead of the original one... 

liwzy
Casual Adventurer
Kudos: 3
Message 3 of 26 (4,409 Views)

manot2
Casual Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 4 of 26 (4,346 Views)

I NEED HELP!!!!!!! MY PASSWORD TOKEN WILL NOT WORK TO REST MY PASSWORD!!! I AM USING MY GIRLFRIENDS ACCOUNT BECAUSE SKPYE SUCKS AT TECHICAL SUPPORT!!! CAN SOMEONE HELP ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I WANT MY ACCOUNT BACK

desi25221
Casual Adventurer
Message 5 of 26 (4,300 Views)

if you guys haven't used your account for quite a while, Skype might have already tagged them as inactive.  You may need to contact customer service and request them to reactivate your account.  Please refer to my earlier responses on how could you contact customer service.

IF YOU FOUND OUR POST USEFUL THEN PLEASE GIVE "KUDOS". IF IT HELPED TO FIX YOUR ISSUE PLEASE MARK IT AS A "SOLUTION" TO HELP OTHERS. THANKS!
ALTERNATIVE SKYPE DOWNLOAD LINKS | HOW TO RECORD SKYPE VIDEO CALLS | HOW TO HANDLE SUSPICIOS CALLS AND MESSAGES

Primemover
Power User
Message 6 of 26 (4,294 Views)

I have been using my account regularly! I logged out to let someone log on to their account but I use automatic log in. So I forgot my password.  I went to retrieve it and it says that the password token to my email DOES NOT WORK!!!  I dont understand why I cant get it to work.  I have been locked out of my account for 2 days now.  There is no way to talk to a real human to resolve this issue so I am screwed.  ar-donkey is my log in name. If anyone can help me get it working I would be very grateful.  By the way I am locked out of my account until midnight tonight!

desi25221
Casual Adventurer
Message 7 of 26 (4,277 Views)

I was afraid of this.  I am required to seach and read thousands of wasted pages to find some way to get back into my account.  I see this ending in legal action for theft of personal information.

desi25221
Casual Adventurer
Message 8 of 26 (4,274 Views)

What does it take???
desi25221
Casual Adventurer
Message 9 of 26 (4,269 Views)

desi25221 wrote:

I have been using my account regularly! I logged out to let someone log on to their account but I use automatic log in. So I forgot my password.  I went to retrieve it and it says that the password token to my email DOES NOT WORK!!!  I dont understand why I cant get it to work.  I have been locked out of my account for 2 days now.  There is no way to talk to a real human to resolve this issue so I am screwed.  ar-donkey is my log in name. If anyone can help me get it working I would be very grateful.  By the way I am locked out of my account until midnight tonight!

can you please specify the exact error message or notification being displayed when you were trying to request for a new password?  On the other hand, if you have a billing or purchase history in the last 6 months, you can get a new password without the need of the registered email address.

Primemover
Power User
Message 10 of 26 (4,268 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling