Extended icons - Message from skypemoticons?

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!

Extended icons - Message from skypemoticons?

[ Edited ]

Hello there,

I have received twice a message in my conversations, as shown:

"Your skype does not support extended icons. Please download the extension here: http://skypemoticonsinstall.asia/index.php?skype=1"

I checked the site but it appears to me as fake. Or as we say in my country, a 'pirate' site. Is this app an approved app for Skype? Or even could be a door for some threath as a trojan or virus??

Some friend told me he already installed this app and is working apparently in a normal way...

Thanks for your advice :happy:

Erick_Rmz
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 8
Message 1 of 16 (15,363 Views)

Re: Extended icons - Message from skypemoticons?

I regret downloading this add on (www.skypemoticons.com). It's wreaked havoc on my pc. I uninstalled it through the control panel. But the app is still there when I open skype. 

Any tips on how to remove this completed would be appreciated.

dcartwright
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 5
Message 2 of 16 (14,955 Views)

It is piece of rubish - process name SE.exe which is possible to find through task manager located somewhere ~profile\AppData\Skypemotioncs\

I already deleted these files(after process kill in task manager). It looks like skype is functional and without this rubish.

mufx
Novel Tourist
Message 3 of 16 (14,604 Views)

support extended icons.

OCB
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 4
Message 4 of 16 (13,955 Views)

Please stay away from that "Skypemoticons" malware: It is not endorsed by Skype in any way and actually does bad stuff to your Windows installation. Make sure you are always running an updated version of your virus scanner database as most of thm detect this malware.

Did my reply answer your question? Accept it as a solution to help others, Thanks.
Claudius
Community Manager
Community Manager icon
Kudos: 10405
Message 5 of 16 (13,868 Views)

I've tried several virus and malware programgs. I've uninstalled skype and reinstalled skype. I'm almost ready to leave skype forever.

You would think the employees at skype would read this and provide some guidance. Hope tehy read this. I'm at a loss as to how to remove all parts of skypemoticons

dcartwright
Novel Adventurer
Message 6 of 16 (13,837 Views)

i would like rectify the same

OCB
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 4
Message 7 of 16 (13,805 Views)

Iobit Uninstaller, then C-Cleaner, then Malwarebytes. Then restart your computer. Should probably do the trick.

Chris_elite
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 2
Message 8 of 16 (13,186 Views)

Have you figured out how to delete these yet?? I am so tired of having this on my PC. I acidentally downloaded it as I kept having a message pop up, and now can't find it on my PC to delete it. 

Lanibugg
Casual Tourist
Message 9 of 16 (11,595 Views)

well im aboutto attempt to help my friend with it soon so ill let yu's know what i come up with but im no genius so dont hold yu breath, unless u want it gone enough to kill urself lol .. and for some ... it seems like it may be an issue lol !

j_to_the_arrod
Novel Tourist
Message 10 of 16 (11,497 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling