Re: Click to call

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Accepted Solution

Click to call makes Internet Explorer crash

[ Edited ]

Since Messenger Live is going away soon, i reluctantly switched over to Skype and installed the optional Click to Call with it.  After doing this IE kept crashing and I eventually got a message saying the Click to Call was causing the problem and i should update to the latest version.  I tried updating and still had the problem so I uninstalled Click to Call.  Evidently something was left behind because I na now having problems on particular sites when I try to log in and I am not having this problem when logging in to the same sites from other systems.

Does anyone have any tips on how to get rid of this completely other than backing up to a previous check point?

Tamim
Super Aviator

images.message_type_solution.altAccepted Solution

JoeMccollough,

Try any of these methods.

Method 1

Reinstall latest Click to Call Plugin.

http://www.skype.com/go/getskype-skypetoolbar

Method 2

Reset IE.

Press WinKey + R to open the Run window

WinKey (the button is located between the left Ctrl and Alt with the Windows logo)

winkey1.png

Type: iexplore.exe and press Enter

In IE, Click Internet Options >> Advanced >> Restore Advanced Settings >> Reset.

Mark Delete personal settings >> OK >> restart.

Method 3:

Uninstall Click to Call Plugin from the Control Panel.

click2call.PNG

View solution in original post
JoeMccollough
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 7
Message 1 of 7 (7,213 Views)

JoeMccollough,

Try any of these methods.

Method 1

Reinstall latest Click to Call Plugin.

http://www.skype.com/go/getskype-skypetoolbar

Method 2

Reset IE.

Press WinKey + R to open the Run window

WinKey (the button is located between the left Ctrl and Alt with the Windows logo)

winkey1.png

Type: iexplore.exe and press Enter

In IE, Click Internet Options >> Advanced >> Restore Advanced Settings >> Reset.

Mark Delete personal settings >> OK >> restart.

Method 3:

Uninstall Click to Call Plugin from the Control Panel.

click2call.PNG

Regards,
Tamim
__________________________________________________________________________________________
Location - Dhaka | Bangladesh - Standard Time Zone: GMT/UTC + 06:00 hour

If one of my replies has adequately addressed your issue, please click on the “Accept as Solution” button. If you found a post useful then please "Give Kudos" at the bottom of my post, so that this information can benefit others.
Tamim
Super Aviator
Kudos: 6223
Message 2 of 7 (7,209 Views)

Reinsalling the version of Click to Call you had in your link appears to have fixed both the IE crashing problem and the specific site login problems

JoeMccollough
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 7
Message 3 of 7 (7,182 Views)

Glad to hear that and thank you for your feedback.

Regards,
Tamim
__________________________________________________________________________________________
Location - Dhaka | Bangladesh - Standard Time Zone: GMT/UTC + 06:00 hour

If one of my replies has adequately addressed your issue, please click on the “Accept as Solution” button. If you found a post useful then please "Give Kudos" at the bottom of my post, so that this information can benefit others.
0 Kudos
Tamim
Super Aviator
Kudos: 6223
Message 4 of 7 (7,178 Views)

thanx
0 Kudos
lexiwilson
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 5 of 7 (6,415 Views)

This hasn't proven to be a solution for my idential issue.  I have followed all of your advice and the problem returns.  

0 Kudos
trikev
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 6 of 7 (1,164 Views)

Hi, Trikev,

This thread is dated; please see my reply, here:

http://community.skype.com/t5/Other-features/click-to-call-crashes-my-browsers/m-p/1807427/highlight...

Closing this thread as the original poster's enquiry has been marked as Solved ... back in January 2013.

Regards,

Elaine

__________________________________________________________________________________________________
Was your question answered? Please click on the Accept as a Solution link so everyone can quickly find what works! Like a post or want to say, "Thank You" - ?? Click on the Kudos button!

Please note:   To remove (delete) a Skype Account, you must contact Skype Customer Service directly. We here in the Community cannot process account-related service requests.

Trustworthy information: Brian Krebs: 3 Basic Rules for Online Safety and Consumer Reports: Guide to Internet Security

Online Safety Tips: Do not accept contact invitations from anyone whom you do not know, and change your passwords regularly and often.

Do you have a Skype trick up your sleeve?  Share your Solutions and Tips with us!

0 Kudos
Elaine
Moderator icon
Kudos: 1809
Message 7 of 7 (1,006 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling